"All Things"

Rate this topic

Well, it started last month... but here's the story. If anyone has any thoughts, please share...

June the 19th, I went to the store, got home with a handfull of groceries and mail, and as I stopped to get out my keys and unclock the door, I dropped everything in my right hand. The mail went everywhere....

The image that flashed through my head was Scully, at Collen's front door, dropping the stack of papers about Crop Circles in The X Files "All Things." Now, I had THOUGHT that my wallet was in the same hand with the mail, and so when I scoupped everything back up, I thought it was there. Later that night, I realized my wallet was gone. So, it must have been stolen at the store, and I had not realized it.

Now, flash forward to July 3rd. 2 weeks exactly since I'd lost my wallet, license, and what little money I had in this world. I had JUST gotten my license back, and so this Tuesday was the first time I'd been able to drive on my own to the store again. I got done, and started to drive my car through the parking lot. Rather slowly... because I was trying to get an idea what the traffic was like, and which of the 2 driveways to use. You see, they've got bushes planted in BAD places there, that make it hard to see. So, as I got close to the driveway, and noted that there was no one else around, I was just about to turn into the driveway, when a car came shooting at a HIGH rate of speed through the parkinglot and out the driveway, cutting across my path and blasting the horn at me. I slammed on the breaks and just sat there for a minute. The image of Scully, on the phone with Mulder, almost pulling out in front of a truck when she had a vision of that mystery woman she kept seeing in the show flashed through my head.

To ad to the mystery.... July 3rd would have been my friend Laury's 33rd birthday. So, I had been in a bad mood all day. I was sad, angry, etc., and had started to buy flowers there at the store to put on her grave, but didn't, because going out there would have upset me too much. As odd as this sounds... I remember having a vision earlier in the store when thinking of buying flowers there, and I saw Scully, in the same "All Things" episode, walking down the road, clutching those flowers she'd bought for Daniel, her ex-lover.

2 weird synchronicitys. 3 visions. I wonder what it all means.....

Well, it started last month... but here's the story. If anyone has any thoughts, please share...

June the 19th, I went to the store, got home with a handfull of groceries and mail, and as I stopped to get out my keys and unclock the door, I dropped everything in my right hand. The mail went everywhere....

The image that flashed through my head was Scully, at Collen's front door, dropping the stack of papers about Crop Circles in The X Files "All Things." Now, I had THOUGHT that my wallet was in the same hand with the mail, and so when I scoupped everything back up, I thought it was there. Later that night, I realized my wallet was gone. So, it must have been stolen at the store, and I had not realized it.

Now, flash forward to July 3rd. 2 weeks exactly since I'd lost my wallet, license, and what little money I had in this world. I had JUST gotten my license back, and so this Tuesday was the first time I'd been able to drive on my own to the store again. I got done, and started to drive my car through the parking lot. Rather slowly... because I was trying to get an idea what the traffic was like, and which of the 2 driveways to use. You see, they've got bushes planted in BAD places there, that make it hard to see. So, as I got close to the driveway, and noted that there was no one else around, I was just about to turn into the driveway, when a car came shooting at a HIGH rate of speed through the parkinglot and out the driveway, cutting across my path and blasting the horn at me. I slammed on the breaks and just sat there for a minute. The image of Scully, on the phone with Mulder, almost pulling out in front of a truck when she had a vision of that mystery woman she kept seeing in the show flashed through my head.

To ad to the mystery.... July 3rd would have been my friend Laury's 33rd birthday. So, I had been in a bad mood all day. I was sad, angry, etc., and had started to buy flowers there at the store to put on her grave, but didn't, because going out there would have upset me too much. As odd as this sounds... I remember having a vision earlier in the store when thinking of buying flowers there, and I saw Scully, in the same "All Things" episode, walking down the road, clutching those flowers she'd bought for Daniel, her ex-lover.

2 weird synchronicitys. 3 visions. I wonder what it all means.....

sometimes we dont see the answers in front of us, i think the answers are revealed down the road.

In All Things didnt the person that was walking around with the hat on turn out to be Mulder?

I also remember this episode featuring the music by Moby

In All Things didnt the person that was walking around with the hat on turn out to be Mulder?

Only at the end. The first 2 times she just saw her... once crossing the road, which made Scully stop before the truck hit her, and once down a road, which led her to the Buddist temple.

See, I think that the woman was a vision of Scully's sister, Melissa, but appearing different to not evoke the same kind of emotional response from Dana. At first, she led her out of danger, then she led her to the temple to pray... and at the end, she guided her in the direction of Mulder. I think she was trying to help Scully move through that part in her life, and into the next phase of her life, with Mulder.... on a more intimate level.

Since the last 2 visions (and one strange event) happened on Laury's birthday, it has me wondering if it's her. I just wish I could figure out what she's trying to say.......