Amazon.....Pay to?

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I live from Czech republic and i want original series Millennium on Dvd... I dont trust much external sources.... Is it Amazon right choice???

It might be a little different for me because I live in the U.S., but I have had nothing but good luck and good experiences with Amazon.com. Of course, I don't know how reliable the postal system is in Czech Republic, but I'm sure you have a pretty good idea.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
but I'm sure you have a pretty good idea.

Maybe, our problem is, we need subtitles, i dont like dubing, extra czech dubing, but i dont know everything english words... Actualy iam only who translation millennium in the web, funny, i know words, but i dont very much conversation... Anyway, our movies publisher only exude the x files series... Thats very sad, it is 14 years ago from first episode, we is very fast nation...

You is lucky man, you understand all english movies, that is majority... Thats the problem among me and Amazon, i afraid that i dont understand every words....

Yes, I can see where that can be a problem. I guess I take it for granted, but it's a good thing most movies are in English, because I really dislike subtitles. It takes away from the "realness" of the film to be hearing the actors, but always having to look down at the subtitles to see what they are saying. I don't think dubbing would be too much better, but at least with dubbing, you don't keep missing things that are going on in the film because you have to keep looking at the words. I hope you find the solution to your dilemma because Millennium is something that you should have complete enjoyment of. If you use Amazon.com, I think you can contact them before you buy to get details about the items you want. I know I have been able to. That way you wont get stuck with something that is of no use to you. Good luck and happy hunting. :yes:

I have ordered from Amazon.com [ USA] Amazon.ca [Canada] and Amazon.co.uk [England] and had great results every time. The really important thing to remember is the CORRECT FORMAT. It must match your dvd player or it won't work.

[i bought hong kong dvd's of millennium and they won't play in my dvd player] Good luck and hope you succeed!! :clapping:

I don't think dubbing would be too much better, but at least with dubbing, you don't keep missing things that are going on in the film because you have to keep looking at the words.

Contrary, i like subtitles and original sound, dubing version is very brrrr.... 3 yers ago last i watch dubbing version of Lord of rings... Believe me never again... thats no full acting, movies dont have any price for me, i mean culture price.... We dont have not even subtitles, thats the problem...

Guest Wepwawet

I live in the UK and have bought from amazon.co.uk for the past 8 years on a very regular basis (as I live in the middle of nowhere and don't have easy access to big stores0

Have ordered stuff from amazon.de and amazon.fr as well without any issues (though watch out for marketplace sellers who won't post ourtside their own country.)

All my Region 1 DVDs come from caiman, who sell a lot of stuff via amazon. You should check them out too.

My 'Millennium' box sets came from amazon uk, for a total less than £45. I waited 2 months from the initial release (cause I'm also a cheapskate) !!

And personally speaking, I'll never knowingly watch a dubbed film (apart from Grade Z Euroschlock - then, the dubbing just adds to the fun). I love foreign movies and the original voice acting is such a major part of the production. And how the hell can you even think about dubbing something like 'Seven Samurai' ??

Keep on truckin'