Did Frank really go "too far" in killing the Polaroid Stalker?

Rate this topic

Guest massofspikes

I admit I saw Catherine as a complainer at first. But when things got real, I could see her side of things. I do believe one of the reasons they were apart was because she wanted Frank to choose once and for all. Frank never would have even thought of choosing otherwise. HE kept wavering though.

that is kind of odd for me because Catherine character was great! It was sad when she left but it opened the door to a lot of changes to the show. I didn't think: "Great! Now that she is gone the show will be better!" No way. I thought "Ok. let´s see what happens to Frank now that she´s gone". I remember that in some episodes Catherine was feeling distant from Frank and Jordan, as they were getting more tied because of their gift. That side could had been very interesting to explore. Anyway, for me Catherine was Frank´s rock. Maybe that´s why they killed her. They knew she would never trust the MG. After Catherine left, Frank become more vulnerable to the MG. He was alone against them with Jordan. Maybe Jordan was also the back up plan to get Frank. I think Frank knew that. That´s why he got so mad everytime Peter was near her. Even Jordan could have ended up being a new candidate!

that is kind of odd for me because Catherine character was great! It was sad when she left but it opened the door to a lot of changes to the show. I didn't think: "Great! Now that she is gone the show will be better!" No way. I thought "Ok. let´s see what happens to Frank now that she´s gone". I remember that in some episodes Catherine was feeling distant from Frank and Jordan, as they were getting more tied because of their gift. That side could had been very interesting to explore. Anyway, for me Catherine was Frank´s rock. Maybe that´s why they killed her. They knew she would never trust the MG. After Catherine left, Frank become more vulnerable to the MG. He was alone against them with Jordan. Maybe Jordan was also the back up plan to get Frank. I think Frank knew that. That´s why he got so mad everytime Peter was near her. Even Jordan could have ended up being a new candidate!

Love your avatar Alejandro. Do you have a larger size you could post somewhere?

I don't remember at anytime if the MG ever saw Jordan having the same ability as her father. Yes, they did use Frank's family against him to weaken him, but in the end, it was Frank and Jordan driving off into the sunset. Or was it a sunrise? A new beginning.

In the fan-based movie they tried to get Jordan to join them.

I think Peter in some episode noticed Jordan ability but I couldn´t say for sure...
thank u Earthnut! The thing is that I lost the original (psd) file but I have the base of that pic in a email that I share with the guys from BTFB. It's bigger but it has different color and way less quality. Anyway, I´ll try to match it with the avatar and then upload it to the gallery for U. Also I had a few more pics that I did. Hope U like them too. cheers!

When Frank and Watts were quarantined, after Frank Got home and asked Catherine to have someone secretly run tests. IN that episode She'd gone over to Frank's house to discuss Jordan's nightmares about monkeys and them running away and Catherine walking off to die alone in the woods. Then there is that car accident with the ex FBI guy that offered Frank a job. Frank is looking at the wreckage of the car in a garage, and peter comes in to talk to him, about prions, and what he had to do to get some info since he no longer had blue level clearance... When he was telling Frank about the biopreparat, the congo, Frank mumbled something about Jordan having dreams about monkeys in trees. Watts said "Your daughter doesn't just dream Frank you know that". Something like that.

The group also had a file on Jordan. Watts gave it to Frank at the end of Season 3, just before Frank takes off with Jordan, who knew they were leaving, and just before we see the dead man in Peter's office. They definitely knew Jordan had abilities.

• 1 year later...

Personally I think Jordan had Frank's gift. I started watching the show again recently after quite some time and last night I began season 2 ( was it just me or when Frank and Catherine are sitting in the police car at the end, and Frank sees Peter sitting in the other car, did Peter look disappointed / angry at Frank's actions with the poloroid man? Peter does say to him on the phone "Just wait a few more hours, let's do this right"....did Peter want to bring the PM in alive?

My other thought: I'm not there yet, and it's been a while since I've seen it but in the Christmas episode, wasn't it hinted that Frank's mother had his gift, only to be made to believe she was insane?

The group wanted Frank to kill Polaroid man.  I think they had a plan and it backfired.  They allowed Polaroid man to kidnap Catherine. I think they thought, that when Frank Saved Catherine and killed Polaroid man, that she would jump on board with the group's plan, being grateful she was saved and the group helped. But instead, she knew something had been broken in her family.  Frank knew it too.  The separation was mutual.  Frank was packing up before  Catherine and he talked. 

The group had come across Frank before his breakdown.  They  wanted him, wanted his ability.  It is my belief that they had the family under surveillance  How else would they know exactly when Frank was in his hour of need?  This surveillance would have extended to Jordan. THey knew more about her than Frank  knew they knew, until Peter gave him the file.

Catherine was targeted in the outbreak I believe.   Without her, Frank would become unstable, malleable.  They would offer him and Jordan safety.  But that too backfired.

Frank's mother had a gift, she saw Angels. She knew thing, they would tell her.  Frank didn't see angels.  But Jordan, had  both her grandmother's gift and Franks gift.  She saw angels when Catherine was kidnapped.  She colored with her Dead Grandmother. But she also saw demons, knew bad people when she met them, saw like Frank saw.

Spoiler

• Like 2