Rate this topic

Gunslinger

Well, to be honest, I'm not much of one for starting topics and since it's been awhile since I have done so, moderators, if this is in the wrong place or a wrong type of topic, please move it and send me and email letting me know how silly I am.....The year 2012. I have watched several shows and read several articles over the last few months that seem to all point to that year, December, if I remember correctly, as being the end of times as predicted by several different native American and other tribes and cultures throughout the world. I was curious if anyone has any info for or against this hypothesis and do you think there is anything to it? Best wishes to all as always...Gunslinger.

Well, to be honest, I'm not much of one for starting topics and since it's been awhile since I have done so, moderators, if this is in the wrong place or a wrong type of topic, please move it and send me and email letting me know how silly I am.....The year 2012. I have watched several shows and read several articles over the last few months that seem to all point to that year, December, if I remember correctly, as being the end of times as predicted by several different native American and other tribes and cultures throughout the world. I was curious if anyone has any info for or against this hypothesis and do you think there is anything to it? Best wishes to all as always...Gunslinger.

Gunslinger, as a part time moderator i have felt the urge to leave your posting exactly where it needs to be.........right here

• Elders (Admins)

Yes, this if the forum for this exactly kind of discussion. 2012 is an interesting point of discussion for so many reasons. I haven't personally seen any films on the subject though. I wonder if we'll see a stream of them some time nearer the event?

https://www.artideas.com/Why2012/Why2012.html

https://edj.net/mc2012/Why2012.html

I think it's amazing how the Olmec and then the Mayan knew so much about the stars. Then again, it seems that many ancient cultures knew a lot about the heavens. The Mayan calendar was the most accurate time tracking system around until the creation of the atomic clock; pretty good for a bunch of "star gazers."

I think their calendar does mark a "0" point in the heavens, but whether or not that means the destruction of this world and the start of the next world is open for debate.

My personal end time calendar is focused on Israel, and I have not trouble thinking that certain anti-Jewish countries could attack it soon and bring about the "end of the world" by 2012.

Guest MillenniuM Group
https://www.artideas.com/Why2012/Why2012.html

https://edj.net/mc2012/Why2012.html

I think it's amazing how the Olmec and then the Mayan knew so much about the stars. Then again, it seems that many ancient cultures knew a lot about the heavens. The Mayan calendar was the most accurate time tracking system around until the creation of the atomic clock; pretty good for a bunch of "star gazers."

what exactly did the Mayans see when they looked into the stars, what is there to see except for some stars and planets. How can you predict the end of the world by looking at the stars

• 2 weeks later...

Gunsligher,

I brought up a similar subject in the "Inocents" forum and have gotten some wonderful feedback from great learned members...please have a look... I brought mention of Nostrudomus and the Mayan calendar with some wonderful clarifications...

Greetings Gunsligner,

Cheers,

Squire

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be a @$$ or anything, but just a couple threads down we have another 2012/Mayan calender thread: https://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/t...showtopic=18400

Granted, we sort of went off-topic here and there, which I certainly contributed to... :embarassed:

but there are some interesting ideas thrown around and good links to check out!

I'll clarify a bit that the Mayan Calender date in 2012 is very unique to the indigenous cultures of the world, as the calender itself is one of the most ancient examples of accurate "linear" numbers and cosmological time-keeping. And so far as I know, the ancient Maya really didn't have any equivalent apocalyptic prophecies associated with the end of their long-term calender as we have in the Judeo-Christian tradition or as other (Native American or otherwise) cultures might have in a non-date-specific "end time". Mesoamerican societies, including the Maya, had a rich mythological foundation focuses very much on the seasonal cycles and life cycles...which death and rebirth/renewal were fundamental to their understanding of the world and how they lived their lives. While I'm certainly well versed in other Mesoamerican aspects of life, I'm not very up on the Ancient Mayan myths and evidence of what their outlook was on 2012, but it seems to me that the end of 2012 will mark the start of a new age, like a spring thats been waiting to happen for 5000 years.

Hippyroo posted a couple interesting links above....the former of which calls a little attention to the interesting conjunction of our Sun shifting magnetic poles...also in 2012! Though it should also be noted that the Sun switches magnetic poles about every 10 years, and really has no catastrophic effects.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sheree Dawn

You know, this topic would make an excellent plot topic for a Millennium movie, wouldn't it?

It is my belief that 2012 is the end of a process that started years ago. Ever heard of the photon belt and the Earth's journey through it? I can't site all of my sources, but the jist of it went something like this.... Earth approaching photon belt. Global changes, magnetic polarity of the earth is reversed, blah blah blah. Much of it was a central topic in many new age and metaphysical discussion groups. Many folks took these theories literally. I tend to give things room for interpretation.

I think we did enter into some sort of cosmic photon belt. And given the radical weather patterns, storms and such, it would make sense that the magnetic field of the earth had been altered somewhat.

Supposedly, at the end of this 7-year period of light, humanity will enter into a new dimension. Folks in my circles were thinking very literally. Read the Celestine Prophecy books by James Redfield. That's the type of stuff that was predominately believed. I however choose to think that it will be our consciousness that will shift, not our physical bodies. We are becoming more aware of our effect on the environment, more people are searching for spiritual peace... A lot of things could contribute to all of this, things that would no way be part of the photon belt thingee. But I think the 2012 prophecies seem to fit in with the closing of this period of mass awakening.

The end of the world? Hardly.