Millennium Comeback Possibility

Rate this topic

Just read an article at: https://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/27/paley-fe...al-the-x-files/. Someone during a Q&A time asked about Millennium and any possibility of a comeback: "...Carter thinks it's a long shot but has some ideas ready if the opportunity presented itself. " This was also reported at: https://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=51151. t sounds like a longshot, but that's what people were saying about X-Files 2 getting made not too long ago. I think a strong showing for X-Files 2 may be just enough to give Carter the clout to resurrect Frank Black!!!

www.flexfiles.blogspot.com

1660101392_f454a7c48f.jpg

Guest Sheree Dawn
Just read an article at: https://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/27/paley-fe...al-the-x-files/. Someone during a Q&A time asked about Millennium and any possibility of a comeback: "...Carter thinks it's a long shot but has some ideas ready if the opportunity presented itself. "

Wonder what kind of opportunity he needs to present itself? He already has the interest of the public and the lead actor. :fool:

Wonder what kind of opportunity he needs to present itself? He already has the interest of the public and the lead actor. :fool:
I would tend to agree with you flexnfx. A strong box office showing would definately add a flavor of anticipation to a possible MNM movie. "The interest of the public" is i am afraid, stretching it a bit. As i have posted in another thread and have received similar feedback on, the vast majority of the public either has no clue about MillenniuM or are only passively aware of what the show was about. What will get this movie made (and i will still stand by my opinion that it is a very long shot at best) will not be grounded with the anchor of an apathetic community, but with the cold hard cash flow of a hopefully successful XF2. There is nothing like ringing of the cash register to make the whole concept palpable...

4th Horseman

Guest Sheree Dawn
I would tend to agree with you flexnfx. A strong box office showing would definately add a flavor of anticipation to a possible MNM movie. "The interest of the public" is i am afraid, stretching it a bit. As i have posted in another thread and have received similar feedback on, the vast majority of the public either has no clue about MillenniuM or are only passively aware of what the show was about. What will get this movie made (and i will still stand by my opinion that it is a very long shot at best) will not be grounded with the anchor of an apathetic community, but with the cold hard cash flow of a hopefully successful XF2. There is nothing like ringing of the cash register to make the whole concept palpable...

4th Horseman

Though I have said in another thread that I don't want the revived Millennium to come back as a X-Files Spinnoff, I think we could safely ride the coat tails of a new X-Files movie. A few well chosen scenes and mentions.

Also,since the Chiller Network has started airing the series, we will pick up new people who will come to be as dedicated to the future of the show as we are.

• 6 months later...

I don't like opening new threads :p

2008 was not a good year for FOX. The 2007-2008 writers strike resulted in projects being pushed back, and we are feeling its effects with a big offset because of the great time lapse between greenlighting and release; thus there is now a big gap in products hitting our screens. FOX had no major release for the summer and XF2 underperformed compared to expectations; its biggest TV show, 24, got pushed back an entire year. I believe that the only reason XF2 got greenlit was because Carter assured FOX that it could have something ready in 9 months (this is amazingly short compared to other projects). And now it looks like many of its 2009 projects are being pushed to 2010. The industry, and FOX in particular, is strained and the economy in general is not doing very well.

It's possible that this may have repercussions on our beloved 1013 projects as well. Projects that might not be very profitable, such as MM or XF, might be harder to negotiate. More projects might get cancelled. Prospects might be grim for franchises that are not count profits in the hundreds of million $. And considering FOX's proverbial stubbornness this might be very sad news indeed.

The flip side of this, as in any time of crisis, might be that investors may be willing to take riskier decisions under the despair of diminishing returns. Projects that would normally be disregarded might be given finance. "Out there" ideas might be encouraged. It all depends how well Carter manages to spin it.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone with this. I'm just trying to show a bigger picture, so that people can stop saying that producers are :censored: for not doing what their fans ask them to... :pensive smiley: