Sequel Preview at the NY Comic Con

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

There will be a preview of the XF sequel at the New York Comic Convention this month, and apparently Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz will be seen there, too.

- 20th Century Fox Presents - The X-Files 2 Preview: An exclusive sneak peek at the new X-Files film with creator Chris Carter and director Frank Spotnitz.

https://www.movieweb.com/news/38/27738.php

I couldn't find that info on the convention's own site yet, though:

https://www.nycomiccon.com/

• Elders (Moderators)

Just popping this up again in case someone's interested.

What do you all think: will Fox and CC get their sequel title differencies sorted out before the preview?

Guest Laurent.

I don't know... I sure hope FOX doesn't have too much control over Carter. I remember him saying that if the movie goes over 90 or 120 minutes (sorry can't remember) he would get fired. I'm thinking that FOX wants an easy to promote movie and that's surely what the title problem is about. Carter probably wants a mysterious title whereas fox wants a more tongue-in-cheek one.

I don't know... I sure hope FOX doesn't have too much control over Carter. I remember him saying that if the movie goes over 90 or 120 minutes (sorry can't remember) he would get fired. I'm thinking that FOX wants an easy to promote movie and that's surely what the title problem is about. Carter probably wants a mysterious title whereas fox wants a more tongue-in-cheek one.

God can they do they that Laran? My lack of film production knowledge is legendary sadly. Could they actually proceed with 'X-Files' without Carters involvement (God forbid)

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
God can they do they that Laran? My lack of film production knowledge is legendary sadly. Could they actually proceed with 'X-Files' without Carters involvement (God forbid)

Best wishes,

Eth

I'm as much a neophyte as you probably are when it comes to film production. Just so you know I actually used Carter's words when he said he'd be 'fired' if the movie was too long. I think Fox could indeed throw him out of the project once the movie is done and proceed to their own version of the editing. Remember the mess that became Tim Burton's Planet of the apes? And if they were to 'fire' Carter... that would mean no hope for future X-Files or Millennium movies. So I guess Carter will try to please them as much as possible.

Guest Laurent.

They seemed to be have been pretty generous in promotion and information at each festival they've attended so far. I can't wait to see what they'll announce on friday.. maybe a title?