French Group Member

Guest naossano

Guest naossano

Hello everybody.

I am a great fan of the Millennium, since the first airing of the show, in France ( maybe in 1997 ). It aired a lot of time, in the middle of the night, until the DVD airing.

We're not a lot of fan in France, but i could tell them about this website.

I hope my English is good enough.

My name is Sébastien, and i study cinéma, on the purpose of becoming a filmmaker.

I know the Millennial Abyss website since many years. I know know if it is related to this board.

That's all.

Edited by naossano

Welcome Sébastien. Thanks for joining. Your English is fine, I hope you enjoy your stay.

We have a French sub-forum on here but unfortunately it fell dorment since 2006.

Guest Laurent.

Salut le cousin!

Nous sommes malheureusement loin d'être assez nombreux pour pouvoir garder le forum francophone actif. Il vaut donc mieux se rabattre sur l'anglais qui, après tout, est la langue de l'émission. De toute façon, ton anglais semble excellent et tout le monde ici est sympathique; c'est définitivement le forum le plus civil que j'ait eu la chance de rencontrer. Tu peux toujours écrire dans la section française pour vérifier s'il y reste encore des membres actifs; je dois avouer que je n'ai jamais vérifier.

Pour l'instant fais comme chez toi... ou comme on dit par chez nous: tire-toi une bûche!

Guest naossano

Thank you.

Je sais que les fans de Millennium sont une espèce en voie d'extinction, alors je vais là ou je peux trouver des nouvelles fraiches. C'est un peu rageant de voir que tout les sites sur Millennieum sont rarement mis à jour. Alors, ce forum tombe trés bien et est trés complet.

Greetings and Welcome Naossano,

Worry not about your English it is superb! You are yet another example of the wonderful people here whos English is a second language but is as fluent as my own. Yet again I feel terrible shame that I cannot speak another language as well as you fine people.

Enjoy your stay,

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest naossano
Greetings and Welcome Naossano,

Worry not about your English it is superb! You are yet another example of the wonderful people here whos English is a second language but is as fluent as my own. Yet again I feel terrible shame that I cannot speak another language as well as you fine people.

Enjoy your stay,

Best wishes,

Eth

Thanks.

Yeah, i don't say what i can't but i have a good understanding.

If you're not english, you usually starts learning English, which is the internationnal langage, before learning an other langage. If you already english, you have to choose something else, by yourself.... :eyes: ( it is not alway like that...)

Thanks.

Yeah, i don't say what i can't but i have a good understanding.

If you're not english, you usually starts learning English, which is the internationnal langage, before learning an other langage. If you already english, you have to choose something else, by yourself.... :eyes: ( it is not alway like that...)

Hi Naossano,

Sadly the English eduction system didn't promote languages very well when I was schooling. I studied French and German though we were all given the choice to drop languages in Seconday School in order to concentrate on something we wished to study at university.

It isn't good enough in my opinion and I am sure that the younger generations today are more fluent in other languages than my generation. At the moment a comedy series is showing here called Benidorm showing a lot of British holiday makers in Spain moaning that the locals haven't bothered to learn English and sadly that's a pretty accurate portrayal of english language speakers the world over.

I did beg a few Brazilian friends of mine to teach me Portugese and to be honest it was laughable though I did learn to just about make my way to a Hopsital should the need arise lol.

I am constantly in awe of people like you, Laran, Toby, Vivi and others and often have to remind myself that English isn't your second language, your fluency is so superb and better than some of my own countrymen.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest naossano

Yes, i understand.

If you want to learn some langages, you have to do it in your own, because your wasn't so efficient. ( to sum up quickly )

There is also some path that Englsih uses as an internationnal Langage. There are also American, Canadian and English Film and TV Shows, created at Los Angeles, Seattle, London or Vancouvers, which are in English. If you buy them on DVD, and want to hear the real voices of the actors, like Terry or Lance, you have to see them in the Original voice, with subtitle. Wich help to be familiarized with the langage.