So what would Frank and Jordan be doing now?

Rate this topic

Guest bluestocking

Guest bluestocking

One of my frustrations with this series was the way it got cut off. Why did Frank end up back in the psych ward in December 1999, just in time to help Mulder and Scully, after running with Jordan that May? I operate under the assumption that the characters Mulder and Scully are off somewhere trying to head off the alien invasion. Assuming they're part of the same universe (as they have to be since they appeared in The X-Files), I wonder if Frank and Jordan are helping with that effort and some mention will be made in the upcoming movie. Jordan should be in college by now, just about the right age to play a big role. And what happened to the Millennium Group? Would they be mucking about in the Middle East?

Hey scroll down a little and you will be able to find MillenniuM Virtual Season 4. It was written some years ago but its a great read. There is a new Virtual Season being worked on right now with me and a few others. Right now i am not able to disscuss anything more about it. Sorry no spoilers here maybe except for a Werewolf that might be pulling his pants down in the new season...lol

*XF2 reference

Greetings Bluestocking,

You are not the only fan who found Frank's hospitalization a bitter pill to swallow, pardon the pun. I only read with interest yesterday an overview of the Series that appears on our parent website which notes that fans were generally not happy with X-Files-Millennium and tend to not consider it canon, allowing Frank's story to end with Goodbye To All That, I admit I tend to fall in to that group.

Joe's very right about the Virtual Seasons, given that those that wrote them wrote them with Millennium-love (whatever that may mean) they treat our universe more sensitively than the X-Files scribes did and I consider them more representative of Frank's continued story.

My very best wishes to you,

Eth

Guest bluestocking

I'll take a look at the virtual season, but I have to accept the X-Files episode as "canon" since it aired. All that remains is to explain how it fits in to said universe. Given that the virtual season is supposedly in 2000-2001, what do you think is happening to these characters in April 2008?

Leaving Virtual Season 6 out of it this question and trying to channel Chris Carter i would have to say. Frank is retired from FBI and no longer in any way a part of MillenniuM grp. Jordan will be starting college soon. As Frank sits and ponders on what to do with himself, he will find himself sticking his nose back into profiling for police dept. and prosecuting attorney office. i would say he would be an part-time investigator. In need of relaxation he will take up fishing and maybe if he gets the courage up, he might even date someone

hmm Frank is trying to keep the government from getting a hold of Jordan to use her gifts to their end? She might be a pre=med student? Maybe Frank is hiding out in the Tucson area and working with another group of ex law men- the minute men? Jordan'is keep getting interrupted by her visions of evil around town.. ha, at the same time Frank could be under the mentoring of some neo-HOPI shaman.... learning how to control his gift, and not go off the deep end, throuh peyote buttons and a spirit guide? ah...hope my muse doesn't offend anyone.

• Elders (Admins)

Welcome to the forums Bluestocking, great name btw!

"One of my frustrations with this series was the way it got cut off. Why did Frank end up back in the psych ward in December 1999"

Its my understanding that Frank checked himself voluntarily into a mental health clinic because he wanted to prove he was not mentally ill in any way and should be given clean bill of mental health. I'd speculate he did this for matters relating to the potential custody of Jordan whom was living with her grandparents at the time and probably for his professional future.

However, the stigma of being involved with anything to do with mental health and any question on his CV that he may have problems, would have potentially caused him more harm in the long run both with Catherine's parents and his career, so its not a popular scenario with me. Ethsnafu summed it up brilliantly (as always!) when he said "You are not the only fan who found Frank's hospitalization a bitter pill to swallow". As a fan I believe Frank stood up to the tragedies of his life remarkably well given the prices he paid. Frank Black is still one of televisions greatest protagonists even today, its one of the reasons I love the show so much. So many times Lance breaks your heart playing Frank, you feel helpless that you can help Frank. Truly amazing.

Apologies for not really answering you topic subject's question on what he would be doing now.

How right you are Old Man,

You know one of the oddest assertions in X-Files:Millennium is that in order to counter the allegations of Catherine's family and prove his capability to raise Jordan in a stable environment, Frank deems it wise to incarcerate himself in a Psychiatric Institution and abandon her care to others. Not only would this have proved to be a highly relevant action that could have been utilized against Frank but it was entirely dismissive of the profound love and adoration he had for Jordan. I truly struggle with the concept that Frank would ever leave her.

I accept that Mulder's role as primary protagonist had to be maintained, it was 'his' show after all, but in order that Mulder be allowed the higher ground Frank is left somewhat diminished and the scenes in which Mulder explains 'the significance of the year 2000 to the Millennium Group' and accuses him of 'not being what he expected' are so hard to watch given that we know Frank was a character of such depth, tenacity, morality and profundity.

Here's hoping when we get our movie, hope springs eternal, our beloved Frank returns to his former, unparalleled, glory.

Best wishes

Eth

Guest Sheree Dawn

Jordan is being watched carefully by corrupt government demons who want to use her gift/curse to unscrupulous means, however Jordan is as capable as CHARLIE from FIRESTARTER of taking care of herself. Her own power is greater than that of Frank's and I sense some sort of telekinetic thing possible. Jordon is off on some archaelogical dig in Africa or some desert looking place.

As for Frank, he is in a shanty on the coast of Maine with Laura Means, who came out of hiding from the Group; they live silent and secluded lives, both understanding what the other is cursed/gifted with. With old ages and solitude comes a sort of numbness for the both of them; they are actually living normal lives, as normal as they can possibly live.

Katherine's ghost haunts Frank from time to time; she gives him that reproving glare that says "shame on you" somehow, since Frank has abandoned the outside world, save for contact with Jordan.

Guest queequeg914

Frank could kick Mulder's ass with his hands tied behind his back and a blindfold on. That being said, I agree Eth- I don't believe that anything could make Frank leave Jordan voluntarily. I thought the Millennium episode of The X-Files was entertaining, but as I re-watch it, I just kind of pretend it's not really Frank Black...let's just call that dude in the psych ward Schmank Flack.

And I hate freaking zombies.