XF:IWTB Soundtrack

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

The cover art for the IWTB score has been released and can be seen at X-Files Ultimate. It can already be preordered from Amazon.com and has "Original Score" listed as artist. I guess this is the real soundtrack to the movie (Mark Snow's score), which I'm looking forward to since The Truth and The Light & Fight The Future were excellent and still receive a few spins in my cd player once in a while.

There will probably be, as it was the case with FTF, a "songs from and inspired by" album for IWTB which will feature the "Dying 2 Live" song from Xzibit and maybe another song from the Foo Fighters.. who knows?

Anyone wants to share their expectations/thoughts on the IWTB soundtrack?

Frank Spotnitz has stated in his blog that there's going to be only one release, with Mark Snow's score and songs from various artists (so I guess Xzibit's song among 2-3 others). I don't know if that means one or two CDs all in the same package. But from the sound of it it looks like one CD with mixed Snow instrumental & other songs... which is unfortunate and makes for a strange mix! I'd rather have one -- wait, TWO -- CDs of Snow's music.

Guest Laurent.

I agree with you. In fact, I do not even own (and I have never listened to it either) the "inspired by" album for FTF.

I'll preorder the IWTB soundtrack and just hope for the best.

I do not even own (and I have never listened to it either) the "inspired by" album for FTF.

I actually really like it. :) Nice choice of songs. And it has really cool hidden track -- Carter's speach about the XF mythology (it starts at 10 min 13 sec ;))

Guest Laurent.

I just read the product description on Amazon (I don't know why I skipped it the first time around).

Product Description

"Dying To Live" written and performed by Xzibit on the new soundtrack! The movie's evocative music (score) is by long time X-Files composer, Mark Snow. In addition to the score, the soundtrack has three additional tracks: Xzibit's "Dying To Live," "Broken" by hip-hop's Unkle and the "X-Files Theme," remixed by Unkle.

So basically, all three bonus tracks are hip-hop. I guess they're going with the flavor of the time.

Guest Laurent.
So, 75min minus 3 songs: we can hope for 60min of Mark Snow.

You're right! 60 minutes is more than enough to make an excellent album! I think of the three hip-hop songs as mere bonus tracks and not part of the actual score. Though I still wonder if they'll use the Xzibit song during the end credits.

Guest Laurent.

I don't know... I said hip-hop based on Amazon's description but I have not yet heard the song Orodromeus posted as I'm currently at work and my fellow labmates couldn't care less.