XF:IWTB Soundtrack

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

I finally listened to the Unkle song and the lyrics strengthen my feeling that we'll see Mulder and Scully drifting apart because of their respective faiths, beliefs and priorities. Their must be a reason to justify the choice of this song, and right now that's the most logical one I can think of.

The song is alright I guess. Not too disappointed or excited.. it will all come down to Mark Snow's score!

Guest betweenthelines

I'm sorry but that Xzibit song was beyond awful. I couldn't even listen to the whole thing . . .

I do have to say, though, that I'm really starting to enjoy the UNKLE track. All in all, I wish the soundtrack included some alternative groups. Y'know, bands like The Cure or Interpol . . .

Guest Laurent.

Well to be honest I only care about Snow's score. Besides, he's the only one actually writing the music for the movie and it's not just a random song that "kind of" fits the mood or the themes of TXF. If I wanted other style of music or specific bands, I'd go buy their album. Although I like when artist write songs specifically for a movie (i.e. Pearl Jam's "man of the hour" in Big Fish).

If the album is leaked on the net, or if you get hold of it, before the movie's premiere... would you listen to it? It's some sort of spoiler I guess.. both in terms of atmosphere and storytelling (the FTF score was quite revealing; remember the "stung kissing" hint?).

Full tracklist is now revealed.

You can consider it as a spoiler so don't read titles if you don't want to be spoiled:

1. Moonrise

2. No Cures/Looking For Fox

3. The Trip to DC

4. Father Joe

5. What If You're Wrong/Sister

6. Ybara The Strange/Waterboard

7. Can't Sleep/Ice Field

8. March and Dig/Girl In The Box

9. A Higher Conscious

10. The Surgery

11. Good Luck

12. Seizure/Attempted Escape

13. Foot Chase

14. Mountain Montage/The Plow

15. Photo Evidence

16. The Preparation

17. Tranquilized

18. The Axe Post

19. Box Them

20. Home Again

21. The X-Files Theme (UNKLE)

22. Broken (UNKLE)

23. Dying To Live (Xzibit)

Edited by The Old Man
Spoiler tags inserted - Drag mouse over to highlight potential spoilers!

Guest Laurent.

I decided not to check it. So any further mention of the song names should also be highlighted as spoiler. Thank you.... or maybe I should stay away from X-Files' forums for a while.

I finally listened to the Unkle song and the lyrics strengthen my feeling that we'll see Mulder and Scully drifting apart because of their respective faiths, beliefs and priorities. Their must be a reason to justify the choice of this song, and right now that's the most logical one I can think of.

I wouldn't read too much into the lyrics of the song. It was written before IWTB and I don't think the specifics of the lyrics was the reason they chose it.

Thanks for black-highlighting the track titles, Blackoil. With the movie one month away, much spoilery material is popping up -- maybe it's time to back away from the daily feed of forums now. And no, I wouldn't listen to the soundtrack before the film. But it's the first thing I'll do after coming back from the theatre!

Guest Laurent.
I wouldn't read too much into the lyrics of the song. It was written before IWTB and I don't think the specifics of the lyrics was the reason they chose it.

Thanks for black-highlighting the track titles, Blackoil. With the movie one month away, much spoilery material is popping up -- maybe it's time to back away from the daily feed of forums now. And no, I wouldn't listen to the soundtrack before the film. But it's the first thing I'll do after coming back from the theatre!

Why else would they include this song? I'm thinking it's either because Unkle already made the X-Files theme remix and they wanted to thank them by including one of their original songs.. but then again, of all songs, Broken does not really have a "X-Files" sound, so the lyrics must have something to do with the choice. Or maybe it's just show-business' politics and the choice was made by a Fox producer and is totally random... I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, I can't shake the feeling (which started with the original teaser poster) that in IWTB, Mulder and Scully will be further apart than they've ever been. For me, this is the "unexpected direction" their relationship is suppose to take. Just speculations.

Why else would they include this song? I'm thinking it's either because Unkle already made the X-Files theme remix and they wanted to thank them by including one of their original songs.. but then again, of all songs, Broken does not really have a "X-Files" sound, so the lyrics must have something to do with the choice. Or maybe it's just show-business' politics and the choice was made by a Fox producer and is totally random... I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Yes, wait and see, but you just have to look at the "Songs in the key of X" to see that the lyrics (or the feel of the song) are not necessarily why the songs are chosen... (apart from Red Right Hand and Black Helicopters perhaps)

Anyway, I can't shake the feeling (which started with the original teaser poster) that in IWTB, Mulder and Scully will be further apart than they've ever been. For me, this is the "unexpected direction" their relationship is suppose to take. Just speculations.

That's the feeling I have as well, and even if I know some level of shippiness is inevitable, distancing them for a good chunk of the movie would make me excited with IWTB even more. I'm sure there are enough spoilers out there to confirm or deny all this.