XF:IWTB Soundtrack

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Or maybe it's just show-business' politics and the choice was made by a Fox producer and is totally random...

Mark Snow said in his recent interview this:

"There is also a song by Xzibit which plays during the end credits. I think that song is going to be on the CD as well. There’s also a really great new band that Chris Carter knew about that did a remix of THE X-FILES theme which sounds fantastic. That’s going to be on there as well."

It looks like Mark was talking about UNKLE. And it means that it was Chris' choice to include UNKLE's song. ;)

You were right, laran :)

https://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003821805

When "X-Files" heroes Fox Mulder and Dana Scully wrap up their second big-screen search for the truth this summer, audiences will exit to two tracks by U.K.-based electronic/rock artist UNKLE: One an original, hand-picked by series creator Chris Carter, and one a reinterpretation of the classic "X-Files" TV series theme song, commissioned after the fact.

"There was something I was looking for at the end credit of the movie, and it needed to be a really specific beat," Carter says. "I had gone to see the Police over the summer. They opened the show with 'Reggatta De Blanc,' which is one of my favorite Police songs. I love that song, and it was in my head as I was writing the movie. Then [20th Century Fox music supervisor] Danielle Diego gave me this UNKLE piece, and I realized that was really what I was looking for. Immediately I called her and I said, 'I think I've got my end-credit piece.'"

The song, "Broken," from UNKLE's 2007 album "War Stories" (Surrender All), has the spry new wave guitar and insistent pulse of "Reggatta," plus wayward lyrics sung by vocalist Gavin Clark, which seem to fit the profile of Carter's eternally tense fictitious duo ("We're miles adrift/We're inches apart").

"It's funny, because the lyrics ended up working unexpectedly," Carter says. "It's really the beat that's the perfect fit for the end of the film."

(from Haven)

So, IWTB end credits will all be UNKLE. Fine by me!

Guest Laurent.

First, thanks for the link Oro! Great article, short & sweet.

But I read somewhere that Xzibit's track would be the one closing the movie during the end credits. Strange. Also the article mentions that:

The two tracks will also be featured on the "X-Files: I Want to Believe" soundtrack as the only additions to the Mark Snow-composed score

Who's wrong? What's going on with the Xzibit song? Amazon still has it listed on the soundtrack.

By the way, you can now listen to 30 seconds extracts from the upcoming score on the Amazon page. I must give you a spoiler warning though. I've only listened to the UNKLE X-Files remix: sounds awesome, and a bit like what Mark Snow did on FTF.

edit: The end of the article has raised a lot of questions in my mind:

Carter -- a self-proclaimed "student drummer" who took DJ'ing lessons during his "X-Files" downtime -- says there are more collaborations in the future for he and Lavelle, who is also an internationally renowned DJ. "His sense of tempo and beat and the blending of it will be a beautiful match for some ideas that I have," Carter says. "We've already talked about it."

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Right now I think of 2 possibilities:

1) UNKLE will write a song for Carter's "Fencewalker" or another future project

2) Carter will write lyrics for some UNKLE song like he wrote lyrics for P.M. Dawn in 1996

I didn't listen to extracts from IWTB soundtrack. I don't want to be spoiled even by the music LOL ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

This is a compilation of the songs we'll hear in the movie.

THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE SONGS (36 Mb)

Tracklist:

1. UNKLE - X-Files (Variation on a Theme)

2. UNKLE feat. Gavin Clark - Broken

3. Xzibit - Dying 2 Live

4. Deborah Poppink - Ooh La La

5. Ja'net DuBois - Movin' On Up

6. Jamison Young - Memories Child

Enjoy! :fool:

Guest Laurent.

That's cool! Carter always demonstrate his varied and eclectic taste in music! He's usually pretty good in using the right song at the right moment when it comes to source music (remember Prodigy in the Harsh realm pilot?).. although I know that some won't agree; particularly after XF episodes like Improbable which I know isn't too popular with a good number of fans.

just thought i would pass this along in case it has not been mentioned...this comes from an email i received yesterday from buysoundtrax.com....no, i am not a shill for them, but i thought since we are talking about the score to the movie, some, a few, one person might be interested in this...i have an autographed copy of another soundtrack Snow did, and although it might seem a bit pricy, it would probably be worth something to someone...

To celebrate the release of the soundtrack for the new X-FILES movie, THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE, featuring original music composed by Mark Snow, BUYSOUNDTRAX is offering our customers an opportunity to get their copy signed by the composer himself. In order to qualify, all you need to do is purchase THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE and PRIVATE FEARS IN PUBLIC PLACES together for $32.95 and you will receive both titles with autographs by composer Mark Snow

4th Horseman