Rate this topic

Guest KTL

A few years back a company called "Reel Time" did some videos where some of the actors from Doctor Who were taken to some of the old shooting locations for a kind of on-the-spot commentary. Some of these were really neat to watch. Some of those locations may have been in your backyard Eth! Whoops, I meant garden!

Unfortunately there's probably little funding for such a commentary to occur for Millennium, whereas Doctor Who has 30+ seasons of shows to fall back on.

Maybe if backtoFrankblack.com is sucessful in getting a movie, they could do a 2 disc set with this kind of stuff. It seems like extra are what sometimes sells the DVDs.

Ah "Reel Time". You speak my language my friend as a committed Whovian myself. Truth be told, Whovians are the finest example I can think of of how fans can continue to celebrate a franchise and keep it alive bereft of a televised series. I remember the old 'Audio Visuals' (the birthplace of Big Finish) when fans would record new adventures using an old cassette player and distribute them to an eager fan base, those were the days. I digress.....

Well I have often lamented that what we got, by way of DVD extras, was pretty poor and I think the fact that season two of Millennium is backed up by a documentary of individuals saying how much they didn't approve of it is a matter for hanging heads in shame but that's just me.

The BBC offer, as you probably know, free cast commentaries for download after each and every episode of Doctor Who and The Old Man proposed a similar idea some time ago but we never really explored it further. I would love fans to compile a list of, say, the top five 'must have commentaries' and see if we could interest those involved in such a project. Skype would make such a thing doable without even having to have people in the same room and if you offer them for download for free and gratis then no-one is burned in the process.

Might be something to explore in the future,

Eth