Millennium on Zone Horror Channel - New Promo Trailer online

Rate this topic

TIWWA

• Elders (Moderators)

millenium.jpg

As previously reported back in June, television channel Zone Horror are continuing with their plans to screen Millennium soon, and have now published a short but cool promotional trailer featuring our favourite fictional criminal profiler Frank Black.

Zone Horror currently broadcasts in the UK on Sky Digital Channel 319, Virgin TV Channel 170 and Freesat Channel 138 as the UK's number one destination for Horror movies and programmes about the people who make them. Viewers on Sky have a second chance to watch Zone Horror's programmes one hour after their initial transmission with our "+1" channel on Sky channel 320.

View the original article

Thanks Bot :)

When I first discovered this news I mentioned in another thread that I am unable to view the trailer. I have not experienced any issues elsewhere and wondered if anyone could advise on possible reasons why it will not play for me. I would very much like to see this and would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

Yes like Libby says its Flash based video like Youtube uses. However you might need to update your Flash Player plug-in to see the video.

The new player supports full screen and hi def video when available too.

Check for and get the latest version of Flash player for your browser here.

If you run IE and Firefox say, you need to install the plug-in for both, hope this helps.

Libby,

Kudos on your capture techniques!

Graham

Many kind thanks to the both of your for your assistance. I shall convert the file and pop it on my ipod. Thanks to Graham I can now view it online as well. I assumed (being no Roedecker) that it was yet another little quirk courtesy of Windows Vista which I believe is a sentient lifeform as it behaves precisely how it wants. I used to be able to capture files myself but for reasons that fail me since I purchased Vista it will not detect any external speakers I attach to my PC (apparently a quirk of its nature) so I haven't been able to use Camtasia since as it cannot detect sound capabilities despite having internal speakers on my PC.

If that doesn't make any sense that's because I have no idea what I'm talking about :)

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

That sounds odd! Maybe its the Vista sound driver that you are using. Which version of Vista (32-bit or 64-bit), sound card or motherboard (if on-board sound) are you using?

Also, are they proper PC speakers that you are connecting as they have to be amplified to hear the sound output.

I had awful problems with the Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Gamer card that I had with Vista, and switched to onboard sound instead. Much more reliable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Moderators)

Oh dear. They say the first thing to go is the memory. Anyway, I was watching Zone Reality this evening, and once the adverts started I hit mute of course, then saw a brief flash of Lance's face and the words "coming soon". By the time I'd grabbed the remote and hit mute again, the advert had gone. So it was only a brief moment but, gosh darnit, it looks like Millennium.

So, what's this, I ask myself. Ah, the wise ones on TIWWA will know. So I logged on, did a quick search, and not only found that, yes, MM is coming to Zone Horror really soon, but apparently I already knew that. :doh:

Hi Libby,

I've got a start date for this finally despite the fact that it cannot be found on the Zone Horror homepage (odd). I shall keep a close eye on their forums when it airs and see how viewers react to it. I ought to add this to the Community Calendar as well.

Best wishes,

Eth

COMING SOON: Millennium

Series airs daily from Saturday October 4 at 20:00 - Zone Horror

The X Files’ creator Chris Carter plays on the pre-millennial tension with terrifying tales of supernatural serial killers and apocalyptic visions, as seen through the eyes of forensic profiler Frank Black (Lance Henrikson). Lost’s Terry O’Quinn also stars.

From the grimy streets of Seattle’s red-light district, to the office buildings and homes of the city’s comfortable middle class, Millennium chronicles one man’s struggle to overcome the darkness of the criminal soul.

• Elders (Admins)

This is great news, a friend of mine said he saw the trailer on Zone Horror. I'm assuming its the same one as online.

I'd like to continue to promote its airing on the main website, do you have a link to the announcement? Meanwhile, I'll keep looking.

I think this is great because again, a whole new generation of potential fans will discover what the series has to offer.

• 1 year later...

Contrary to rumours it seems Zone Horror is repeating "Millennium" from the beginning to the end once again. To promote the fact there is a very short article at their website that may be worth a look.

Millennium is showing every weekday evening on the Horror Channel at 20:00

Eth