Where oh where, has Frank Black gone?

Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

Guest Blueboy

Franks been gone, what, a dozen years now? Walking away into the sunset, so to speak. But I was wondering, pondering and postulating...

Where is Frank Black now? What's he doing? Does anyone have any idea, or care to speculate?

:ouro:

Edited by Blueboy

Virtual Seasons 4 and 5 try to tackle that question in some very good plotlines. Myself and some other Tiwwa members have taken on the task of Season 6, in which should be up and about by 2009?

I have always been fascinated by Frank and Jordan heading into the sunset and then popping up in the X-File episode "Millennium". I often wonder how Chris Carter vision Frank Black in 2008. For some reason I see Frank as a broken-man. Alone and depressed. Thats just my opinion

Hi Blueboy,

I would like to think that Frank abandoned his quest in order to concentrate on his role as a Father. As he only returned to active duty in Season Three in order to avenge his wife's demise and channel his hatred of the Millennium Group into something constructive I hope that their demise in XF Millennium would have afforded him closure and allowed him to focus on himself and his daughter. As Seven and One indicates Frank's life had reached a juncture which signaled an end to the trials he had endured at the hands of Legion as well as a forthcoming period much more temperate that it had been since Jordan's birth. For all its faults, and that's a personal opinion, XF Millennium does at least potray Frank as man who has shut himself off from the world with the sole intention of healing himself in order that he be at his best for the sake of his child. I would like to think that his next era would see him abandon his fight and focus on his family.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Blueboy

Well, time being what it is, his daughter is now in her late teens.

So I don't know how much fathering would be possible, considereing where he's been.

As far as abandoning the fight, if he had the opportunity to do that before, which he did [the curse of frank black] and didn't leave before, then why would he do so now?

Noneof us can abandon who we truly are, no matter how much we might like to at times.

I see Frank, retired, living on a nice severance package, until, when he least expects it, there is that dreaded phone call in the middle of the night.

Oh, the Millenium group destroyed? Ha. Never going to happen. They are still out there, if you want to believe....oops, wrong thread...

Best

Hi again :)

Oh I get ya, I read it as where did he go rather than where is he now :embarassed:

He's probably doing conventions and signings lol but on a serious note. I agree with you that Frank would struggle to turn his back on the fundamental aspects of his nature but there are reasons why I think he would have tempered his urges to 'fight the good fight' beyond the events of Season Three. I accept that he is given choices in Season Two and accept, also, that he turns his back on them but his reason for doing so is clear: he still believes the Group is the tool by which he can shape a safer reality for his family. By the end of the season Frank is clearly becoming cognisant that the Group is something other than that which he has previously accepted it to be and upon the death of Catherine he realises, as she herself forewarned, that his allegiance to the Group had cost him one of the very things he sought to protect. During the Third Season he is motivated by a desire for vengeance and an almost pathological need to expose the Group and its role in the deaths of the Marburg victims. Again this quest finds closure when he walks away from the FBI and takes his daughter away from the melee and whether we accept it or not canon does dictate that the Group was no longer active after 1999. I know it's somewhat hard to accept that Frank may ever be anything other than a crusading warrior but it isn't unthinkable given that it was his stated intention in XF Millennium. He is more than reluctant to join Mulder and Scully in combatting the remnants of the Millennium Group and makes known his only mandate is to heal and focus on his child, his new crusade being her and more importantly his fight to ensure his right to parent her. I am not asserting that Frank would have retired from active service in every respect but that any decisions he made in the future would be determined by the affects they would have on his ability to raise Jordan.

I guess there are only so many seasons wherein our protagonist realises the follies of his actions in regards to his family only to swap one quest for another in order that he repeat them. I believe XF Millennium did a fine job in presenting where a man would realistically be, psychologically, after all he had endured. To have had him willingly sniffing around the Millennium Group again would have cheapened, to my mind, his rebuttal of the group and the FBI in 'Goodbye' and the beautiful final scene in which he drives away with Jordan.

It's all personal opinion of course and I am sure there are many who would rather have had him 'just like before', one man's meat is another man's poison I guess.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Blueboy

None of us, it seems, are quite 'what we were before'. However, in each of us is a set of ideals we strive to live up to, in some way. Frank is who he is. Lot's of people would like to just walk away, from who they really are. Somehow, reality keeps finding us.

Just my opinion, for what its worth.

:ouro:

He would have written a best selling book based on his life and times that reached #1 on the NY Times best seller list.

After his book is sellected for the Oprah book club he achieves world wide fame.

Hollywood decides to make a movie out of his book. They consider Lance Henriksen to play Frank Black but dismiss the idea because he's "too old".

The movie adaptation is "re-imagined" and they cast Shia LeBouf in the role as a troubled teen who has visions of transforming robots from another planet.

The movie tanks.

Of course I'm kidding but in real life it would probably play out that way.

I like to think that Frank's just taking it easy, peacefully retired and Jordan's in college.

Frank can not walk away from his facility. In order to use it for the good of mankind he has assumed the identity of a man named Dexter and works for law really enforcement in a southern state.

His daughter has opened a Chinese restaurant and helps her father dispose of his cases.

I do miss that MM.

You know, now that I think about it...

We all wonder about Frank and his facility... What about Jordan and hers? Did she follow in Daddy's footsteps and go work for the FBI or something?

Why Dexter? How bout something unassuming. Like Bob.

You know, now that I think about it...

We all wonder about Frank and his facility... What about Jordan and hers? Did she follow in Daddy's footsteps and go work for the FBI or something?

Why Dexter? How bout something unassuming. Like Bob.

You may be right.

I think Jordan had the same problems as Laura. They did not have the means to cope with it.

Please let me know what you think.