When Will IWTB Get Yanked?

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Zeus, it wasn't showing at any of my local cinemas either, according to last weeks local press.

I never got a chance to mention this, but I saw it at my local multiplex during the end of its first week of release. The guy who took my ticket and showed me into the theatre said I could sit where I liked. When I looked upon entering, there were amazingly only 2 other people in the room besides me, a couple at the back row. They seemed to watching and enjoying the film more than what you'd expect them to be doing at the back! But 3 people in the audience though, it deserved more as it was fine film and they got a lot in for the long-standing fans to enjoy.

At the end of the film, the couple left but I stayed for the credits and rumoured end-scene. I'm glad I did as the music and scene were amazing and I can't stop listening to those 2 downloaded tracks. They turned the lights on and must have seen me, as they quickly turned them back off again and a staff girl waited for me to leave which was a bit embarrassing to say the least! I felt like a right anorak! But it was worth it!

• Elders (Admins)

Hi, I think it probably differs in the UK depending on the venue and how busy it is. My nearest multiplex is in Rhyl where I went to see it. Normally when you buy your tickets there, you are asked if you have any preference of front, middle or rear. On this occasion though, I had free pick when the usher said it was empty.

Throughout the film I could hear slightly during quiet parts, thumping music from somewhere outside the cinema and as usual there, the film had been poorly handled with occasional dust/dirt marks showing up. I'm looking forward to the new digital cinema opening up in my town later this year in that retrospect.

If you haven't seen it yet, I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you do.

• 2 weeks later...
I have noticed that IWTB is still be shown in the theaters here. I know the movie didnt do well here in the US but I wonder when the movie will be yanked and prepped for DVD release?

I saw it yesterday, Sept 14, for $2 at our local last shot Cinemark. Grandma and grandson went for Hellboy.

The guy who took my ticket and showed me into the theatre said I could sit where I liked. When I looked upon entering, there were amazingly only 2 other people in the room besides me, a couple at the back row. They seemed to watching and enjoying the film more than what you'd expect them to be doing at the back! But 3 people in the audience though, it deserved more as it was fine film and they got a lot in for the long-standing fans to enjoy.

There were about 20 people when I went and a lady with 3 under10 children left very shortly after the priests past was revealed. She was not pleased and I agree this isn't for small kids.