Sergeant Daniel Neff

Rate this topic

Who Am I?

I was kind of surprised when I went looking through the long list of threads regarding all the shows and films Lance has done over the years and I was surprised that one of my favorite movies that he did wasn't written about (unless its archived somewhere).

Back in 1978, a nice little sequel to a well written movie (which was released in 1976) was released to the public called Damien: Omen 2. And about 20-25 minutes or so into the movie (give or take, I've still got it on VHS), we get introduced to the main character's new platoon leader. And what do you know. Lance Henriksen is in a military uniform, playing the character of Sergeant Daniel Neff. And what a bad ass he was. The way the original script was written (Omen movie scripts) Neff was more than a bad ass- he could make any seasoned fighter wet his pants.

I hope to whatever god or demon is listening to me that there are other people that know and love this movie as much as I do. And I know there are, because I was talking to you guys on another thread in the newbie section!

So come and join me in the reveling that is Sergeant Daniel Neff and what he stands for in the Omen legacy.

post-3469-1220841022_thumb.jpg

post-3469-1220841041_thumb.jpg

Guest SeanDubh

Don't be upset. There aren't any threads about my favorite movie with Lance in it either... Of course, that may be because said film is "Nightmares" [1983], a godawful horror anthology film that features a segment in which Lance plays a priest who's lost his faith... and has to fight Satan's car.

...yeah.

That being sad, I haven't seen any of the Omen films since I was knee high to Jordan Black, so I didn't even remember this role... Shame, shame. I'll have to rent it ASAP, I guess...

You should. The first three anyways. Not Omen IV or the new one that came out in 06. You want to really understand Omen, you watch the originals. Or download the original scripts from the site I posted earlier.

My favorites go 2 (Because of Lance and Jonathan Scott-Taylor- the kid that played Damien), then 3 (because of Sam Neil playing Adult Damien), followed by the 1st one because youngest Damien didn't do squat... At least the other two had some control (Omen 2) or a load of control (Omen 3- The Final Conflict.)

• 2 weeks later...