Back by unpopular demand

Guest paxvox

Well people. I have returned to the world after three years in my own Gehenna. Self-imposed? Could well have been. Everything is so different now, and my emotions are raw and edgy. This is a challenge, returning to a place I've never been. No one seems even to know my name yet remember who I was. Many layers to this chameleon, don't know who wants to see which image. More as is is disclosed.

PAXVOX

Now you have my attention, something a little eldritch about this missive methinks,

It is never by 'unpopular demand' that we welcome a fellow soul back to the fray, we are a community and we welcome, nay salute, all those who can spare a minute with regards to 'Millennium', This Is Who We Are!. I am chuffed you have escaped your own Gehenna and hope that you begin to enjoy your time here as much as I have.

To think that we all came here and found friends, what is the probability of that...

LARA'S RECORDED VOICE: (quick, feverish) Why now? Why now, Frank? Why were we born now? Do you realize the probability – the probability of even being born at all? The chances of any life being here – let alone you and me? If it ends – when it will end – we'll be amongst the 10% of all humans who ever lived. Do you understand the odds of being born at the time it ends? And since the time is now, since the end is here – we're all old. But compared to all the life – of all the life on earth, of all the life in the universe – we're infants. And that's all we'll ever be – all we ever were. Can you calculate the odds of being both – I'm so lucky, Frank, to be born now. The things they've told me. The responsibility, Frank, just to know is enough. To see it happen – a chance to witness. I'm so frightened – to have the chance to watch it happen. But we'll be all right we, we can't be born just to die – we knew this was coming, right? We've known for two millennia. (quoting) Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it for the time is near.

The Time Is Now friends,

Eth

Thanks for the words of (re)welcome from you all. I tried (unsuccessfully) to "find" my old posting name, etc... Guess it doesn't really matter. I've lost much in life these past three years (including my Millenium Collection on DVD), sometimes even the will to trudge on. The wind was blowing cold in my face today, and it was bittersweet. Along the way I've lost the "what" in the "who" I am, and I'm trying to find it. Phoenix- what a beautiful concept!- only 497 more years to go.

PAX