Hello from Paris!

Guest Evanligus

Guest Evanligus

Hello everyone!

My name is Stanislas and Iam a french Millennium fan (surprising eh :) )

It's really nice meeting other fans, I'm sure it will be fun talking with all of you! Like lot's of people, I'm willing to do everything I can to help bringing Frank Black back.

A très bientôt ;)

Greetings Stanislas,

It is a pleasure to welcome you to TIWWA and I hope you have a grand time, make many new friends and enjoy sepnding some time chatting away about all things Millennium and more besides.

Enjoy yourself,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Salut Stanislas!

Ça fait toujours plaisir de voir des nouveaux membres francophones sur TIWWA. J'espère que tu vas apprécier la communauté!

Je crois cependant qu'il vaut mieux que je réponde en anglais à ta question pour être certain que les autres peuvent aussi comprendre (et me corriger s'il y a lieu),

my best guess about the website's creation date would be September 29th 2002, because this is the date the Old Man joined TIWWA. Yet that could refer to a newer version of the forum, which would make the original version a bit older, because his first post seems pretty strange as the opening post of a message board:

#### straight!I was playing about! :cool:hey! I had to edit this post! D-A-M-N was edited out by the board! :p...

Or were older posts erased by the board? Anyway, I thought that was a great first message. He'll probably pass by and set the record straight soon enough.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi, welcome to This is who we are!

Laurent is pretty close! I first installed the board's database back on September 29th 2002 (explains the date and the fact I'm member number 1), but TIWWA first went live on December 1st 2002 when the first members signed up.

Between September 29th and December we were setting up the forums and getting used to the functionality. It was an exciting time, whilst we figured out what to call the board and we came up with lots of ideas, some remain, others fell by the wayside or didn't work out.

I don't know why it took so long, but back then we were using Ikonboard, which was the most advanced available at the time. Compared to this version of Invision Power Board, it was like a vintage car! The creators split and created Power Board, which we use today. I think those posts from that era are in our staff forums but most of the founding Elders have left now, for one reason or another, some not even giving a reason!

Every topic and post is still in our database, except where its been deleted for any reason, all the way back to 2001. Watch out for the dust, cobwebs and Bletcher's ghost if you looking for those old gems!

Guest Evanligus

Merci Laurent :p tu habites au Canada c'est ça?

Nice to meet you Old Man! I guess that I have missed lots of things since 2002 :p but as I can see, there are still lots of interesting discussions going on. Sadly I'm now writing exams, but in 10 days I will ask some questions :p there are so many mysteries in Millennium that have to be discussed with fans! I hope that my english is not too bad, I'm intending to improve it in the next weeks and months (maybe I will study one year in the USA, therefore my english has to be much better :p).

Have a good evening!

Guest Laurent.

Oui, au Québec (la province) et à Québec (la ville)!

Oh and if my opinion matters, I think your english is alright! Furthermore, TIWWA is a good place to practice; so that's one more reason to come back and visit us as often as you want! Especially that everyone here tries to maintain a respectable level of language, so there's no "MM is da best u no! u suk if u dont agree"; which makes it a lot better for those like us for whom english is not their mother tongue (I can't even understand some YouTube comments sometimes)!

P.S. Did I use "whom" right? That's a hard one...

• 5 months later...