MillenniuM MoMents

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Dear friends,

We are always looking at new ways to fill our blog with the thoughts of fans and, more importantly, find simple but fun ways everyone can contribute to the campaign effort. We are aware of the constraints on everyone's time so if we can make it fairly effortless, all the better. Everyone will be aware of the godsend that is M-TIWWA, that indispensable database of Millennium that any admirer of the franchise could get lost in. I adore the episode screen captures, I use them so often it is a treasure trove for yours truly. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to head over to the gallery here and find an image that represents a particularly poignant or memorable moment from Millennium's history and tell us all about it. What criteria you choose is entirely up to you, a scene that shocked, a moment of fun, an outstanding piece of acting or writing, stellar cinematography, the list is endless but the choice is yours. To make it easier for yours truly, and I need things kept easy at my age, if you note the number of the particular screengrab (as seen in the bottom left hand corner of the image when enlarged) it would help me locate them later. So, after much waffle, what's YOUR MillenniuM Moment?

Looking forward to hearing what you guys choose :)

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Great idea, E!

I chose a a scene from Seven and One, an episode particularly close to me. This is the scene where Frank tries to find answers searching through webpages and prints. I can relate so well to that feeling: "I don't know what to do or think". Whenever I see the scene (or the whole episode for that matter), it brings tears into my eyes, but it also brings a strange sense of relief, safety and hope.

Image 203.

post-1436-1234458107_thumb.jpg

That's just super Vivi, so lovely to read and similar in many ways to my own choice in that it strikes a chord with me because it speaks to some aspect of my being. Thank you so much for your contribution and I am sure, once we have a number of these, they will make a superb Blog entry which highlights so simplistically why Millennium is much more to its fans than a mere TV Show :)

My choice may seem really random but allow me to explain. I chose the scene in 'Monster' in which Penny Plott, played so brilliantly by Mary Gillis, breaks down under the unbearable weight of the realization that those she has cared for, the people she loved and previously nurtured, believe her to be capable of such evil as child abuse. It is such a heart rendering moment when she faces the losing the only things in life she loves and she sobs and begs of them "It's all I have, all I ever had. I love those kids. I am good, I'm a good person. Why would you do this to a good person?" and the performance does so much to paint the characters pain, suffering, confusion, alienation etc. Its a incredibly well portrayed moment of human suffering,it gets me every time I view it.

Looking forward to seeing more of these :)

Eth

post-1185-1234462445_thumb.jpg

I am sorry for that i dont have picture, but as i said Ethsnafu before my computer is still not to friendly with me and he still playing dead bug, and i dont truly dont know how send picture on PS3, but i just must wrote my favorite scene its just so temptating. Fact is that not easy, good and strong scenes is everywhere in this series, but probably most "what the a hell?" scene for me is in Wellworn lock if i wrote right this name. Specifically is in court room, where is victom of abuse by parent talk about it how that was, these flashbacks is most strong and disturbing images of evil i ever see, its just so sad and that words "He supposed to protect me" its just to much...I remember on one scene in a movie named Stigmata where such strong scene, Frankie Paige flowing in air like she has crucifiing and she cry blood, is not same thing but i have same strong feelings about it....But is just hard to choose, its good theme but Millennium has so many good scenes and actors....

Edited by Timeisnear

Hi Timeisnear,

Thank you so much for your contribution to this, it is very much appreciated. I know precisely the scene you seem to be describing and admit it isn't easy viewing. I found the following two images from that sequence and wondered if you could confirm if I have the right ones? Nice to know you are familiar with Stigmata, I really enjoy that film, perfect for anyone who was a fan of the theological slant of MM season Two.

Best wishes,

Eth

post-1185-1234643960_thumb.jpg

post-1185-1234643967_thumb.jpg

Yeah thats preciously what i mean. This scene push me made czech subtitles for this episode, its just wow i dont have even word on this, and i am so happy for that scene is on soundtrack. I like hear that you familiar with Stigmata, what a peace of art, but i dont understand why this movie have such small ranking, in a day where is "good" movie Fast and furious is realy rare found this kind of movie. I wrote another scene in Millennium. I dont know name of this episode, but i think that you recognized. Two women run of the prison, because one of them is pregnant, episode about virgin birth. This episode must be shock itself for christian audience, two prisoners, lesbians, have virgin birth, that must really move with theyr stomich. Iam shame for that kind of people how judge lesbians, i tell you only because i want you to know i think thats all right for me. That scene is on end, and i think that you know alredy. Police shot one them on the railway. This episode is one which i like have music.

But is not available. I named another scene of different movie, im just wondered if you know Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me?? End scene with a angel is another powerful scene in cinematography. Im wondered, which kind of movies you like and if you have some scene, which you like so much, please tell me...