Lance Henriksen will Appear at Monstermania in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Rate this topic

Guest Black's Babe

Guest Black's Babe

A co-worker just informed me that Mr. Henriksen has stepped at the last minute, after director Tobe Hooper had to cancel.

all the info is here...

https://www.monstermania.net/

https://www.monstermania.net/MMC_Guests_Cherry.html

I've attended a few of these horror cons in the past, they're awesome.

this will be Lance's 2nd time as a celeb guest, had the pleasure of meetimg him the 1st time he attended.

Edited by Black's Babe

Hi chaps and chapesses,

Just been glancing over their forums and the guy who organises this was so apprehensive about announcing the loss of Tobe and worrying whether the attendees would see Lance as a suitable replacement and it seems he needn't have been. They are going crazy for Lance, most of them are chuffed Tobe pulled out thus giving them the opportunity, some say they have waited years, to meet him. I like these guys a lot :)

Strange though they mention all the usual suspects, Pumpkin Head, Aliens, Near Dark and others yet only one mention of Millennium. Maybe it's just us guys who think that was his finest role but I thought horror fans would be more familiar with it than they seem to be.

I wish he'd come to Blighty again.

Best wishes,

Eth

Hi guys,

If anyone should happen across a video of his Q&A could you make me aware of it. I am trying to find some mention of the content in the hope that he plugged the campaign but I'm not having much luck. Over at the Monster Mania forums they are raving about him, they were asked for their top five Monster Mania moments or guests and he features in just about every top five they have written.

Viva Lance Henriksen!

Eth

Hi Guys,

Just in case anyone is interested, I did manage to speak to someone who was at Monster Mania and, to the best of her knowledge, Lance didn't mention Millennium in his Q&A. He no doubt would have done if given a chance but from what I can deduce from the Monster Mania forums it would seem that 'horror fans' remember Lance for his work on Pumpkinhead, Near Dark, Aliens and others rather than Millennium. As I mentioned, there was only one reference to Millennium in a sizeable thread about him when his inclusion was announced. That said, he had an absolute blast apparently and has endeared himself to many more people thanks to his generosity and willingness to share with his fans.

Best wishes

Eth