Sense and Antisense

Rate this topic

Guest cw1925

The episode does not give much resolution, which can be a turn off for some, hence my observations on it's lack of popularity. Kind of like "3" from the X Files, which also wasn't a spectacular episode in the eyes of many, it brought out a lot of character and emotion in Mulder trying to survive without Scully. I see a bit of a parallel here with Frank and his lack of having the gift as well as the family situation he had in season 1. Sometimes the "side issues" in their own way can really make the episode good for me.

Yes, I have become rather fond of the little heavy metal guy! He definitly looks like a Swedish heavy metal guy! They make some awesome metal on that there Scandinavian penninsula! Alas, some of my other interests in life!

:rock2:

Let's hereby refer to the little yellow chap as Anders in recognition of his Nordic heritage. May he be rock till he drops.

It's funny you should mention "3". Now I have a sneaking suspicion that this has gathered a retroactive group of detractors primarily from within Shipperdom. I think the biggest axe to grind on that episode is that Mulder played away at a time when he was quite free to do so. Hardly much of a crime. That said I have to concur that it is not "The X-Files" finest moment. The script could have been a rather interesting little character piece and instead it appears rushed and a bit of a mess when truth is told.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rubicondecisionday

Sense and antisense makes almost no sense. What gibberish. Flat out awful. Trying to blame the ethnic genocide on a US pharmaceutical experiment aka MK Ultra on a national scale. Boo. It could have been so much more talking about genomics, or abuses like The Constant Gardener. Sad. I watched it completely just to look for clues for the mytharc. What a waste of 45 minutes. You can skip this one.

I don't mind the episode at all. I never got the impression that the mandate (whatever it was) was genocide. I gathered it was simply to make the point that powers that be consider certain sectors of the populace expendable and eligible as guinea pigs without their consent as a number of real world incidents established a precedent for. It's certainly not the best episode but far from being the worst. That said one man's meat is another man's marburg right? :oneeyedwinK

Eth