Blood Shot Coming Soon

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

Like me, I know many of you follow the career of Lance Henriksen closely, since Millennium, for better or for worse, I would be prepared to watch Lance read the phone book but allow me to draw your attention to a movie that I am currently excited about. I trawl the web for Lance news, this is no secret, and this movie is being hotly anticipated, I have already read that the script is glorious, the perfomances are incredible and in general it's a fantastic slice of the horror/dark comedy genre. Let's face it, Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense shows how well Lance can deliver the funnies. Here's a brief synopsis I found on a forum....

We've been informed that Brad Dourif (Child's Play), Brennan Elliott (Poltergeist: The Legacy), Assaf Cohen, Martin Klebba and Azita Ghanizada will all be joining Michael Bailey Smith (The Hills Have Eyes) in Blood Shot, which is being helmed by Dietrich Johnston here in Los Angeles. In addition, we've been provided with a long synopsis for the film, which stars Bailey Smith as a government vampire.

In the heart of the city, a nefarious terrorist cell is plotting a major attack against the US. Little do the terrorists know, someone is on to them. As they prepare to execute the first part of their plan, a mysterious figure infiltrates their home base and dispatches them one by one. The mysterious figure is revealed to be a vampire, but not just any vampire. This particular vampire is employed by a covert government organization whose sole mission is to protect America from detrimental threats. Meanwhile, Rip, a rogue cop, knows of the vampire’s existence and will stop at nothing to destroy it, even if his wife, job, and sanity are at stake.

After several violent encounters with the vampire, Rip is beaten to a pulp, but like any good cop, he never gives up. The vampire attempts to explain himself to Rip and convince him that he is on the same side, but Rip isn’t having it.

Blood Shot producer Scott Pearlman got in touch with us to add MORE names to the growing list of cast for the film, which is now lensing in Los Angeles, CA. "In addition to Brad Dourif, we also have Lance Henriksen (Aliens), who plays the Vampire's boss.

In the meantime, Bob, the most notorious terrorist in the world, is on his way to the US to execute the attack. Along with him is a gang of motley terrorists, hell bent on destroying the city. Upon hearing the news, the vampire must convince Rip to join forces and stop Bob before he detonates a powerful nuke in the middle of the city. Rip is reluctant at first, but when Bob kidnaps his wife, he has no choice.

Blood Shot is based on the award winning short.

Director Dietrich Jonston says that this film is currently in post production but promises to keep us informed of the progress, more of that later. Check out the following pics (sadly none of Lance) and set report over at bloodydisgusting.com

Vampires, dark comedy, Lance Henriksen and Brad Dourif - count me in!

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Great news! Two of my favorite actors united in what seems to be like a really fun project! Blood and laughs.. "count me in!" as Eth says.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I didn't want to start a unique thread for a link so I hope I will be forgiven for my hi-jacking my own thread. Yup, i think I forgive me :fool:

A new interview was posted by www.dreadcentral.com in the last few days. I did Blog this over at B2FB but I know not everyone heads over there so I wanted to share it here. It's Lance talking primarily about Screamers: The Hunting, but the million dollar question about an MM Movie crops up and, as always, he is resolute in his support of the idea. Check it out guys here!

Best wishes,

Eth

• 1 year later...

Hi their folks,

Sine discovering this little gem all those moons ago I have the opportunity to talk to the chap behind the project and I can't tell you how excited I am about the possibility that we will be getting to see this movie in the not too distant future. Lance Henriksen and Brad Dourif on screen together? What more could you possibly ask for?

Here's where you guys come in. Dietrich wants as many people as possible to follow the upcoming updates at Facebook and I would urge everyone to do just that. If you have a Facebook movie then join the page and follow the fun, I believe there are some exciting updates coming shortly.

Be sure to tell him that you heard about it here.

From what I've heard this movie is going to be an absolute riot. :thumbsup:

Eth

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

If you head on over to the news section of LanceHenriksenMagic you can now view a brand spanking new teaser poster that has been released to promote the film. I am sure you will join with me in saying how wonderful it looks.

Eth

Vampires, dark comedy, Lance Henriksen and Brad Dourif - count me in!

Best wishes,

Eth

Ditto for me, especially the comedy. Getting somewhat burned out with vampires everywhere, since they are the big thing right now.