From Aliens to Star Wars...

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

Lance is now lending his wonderful voice to the new BioWare MMORPG, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You can find the trailer here: https://www.swtor.com/info/timeline/mandalo...blockade-broken

You'll notice at the end, he states that he will inform us of new details in his next report. I wonder if Lance is actually voicing a character in the game or just doing the reports.

Quite exciting!

On a side note, I've noticed that he's begun, over the last number of years, to do a lot more voice-overs vs actual acting roles. Anyone have any idea as to whether voice-over work pays well?

Hi lilblackgirl,

He certainly is doing a lot of voice work of late, Godkiller, Transformers, The Old Republic, a few games, commercials and a few things lined up that haven't made it to the internet yet. I have no idea how much this type of work gets compared to live action but, considering some of his movies have been incredibly low budget of late and some of his voice projects have been far more mainstream I would bet there's little in it. I am a fan of audio books and a few actors from the Doctor Who series spoke of how enjoyable, fuss free and lucrative voice work can be compared to bit parts and low budget offerings so I can see why he's turning to such work more and more. Let's face it Lance Henriksen + that voice = a stunning listen.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim McLean
Hi lilblackgirl,

He certainly is doing a lot of voice work of late, Godkiller, Transformers, The Old Republic, a few games, commercials and a few things lined up that haven't made it to the internet yet. I have no idea how much this type of work gets compared to live action but, considering some of his movies have been incredibly low budget of late and some of his voice projects have been far more mainstream I would bet there's little in it. I am a fan of audio books and a few actors from the Doctor Who series spoke of how enjoyable, fuss free and lucrative voice work can be compared to bit parts and low budget offerings so I can see why he's turning to such work more and more. Let's face it Lance Henriksen + that voice = a stunning listen.

Eth

I asked him about whether he'd do Doctor Who - as I thought he'd be a great prolific villain - he had to confess he'd never watched it! For shame Mr Henriksen!

Well as we nerds know, he was considered for The Master in the television movie as was Terry O'Quinn, Megan Gallagher was considered for Grace. Small world eh?

Eth

Yes, it is a very small world.

Hey, I need to be brought up to date. What is Lance's next, actual movie where he will act, going to be? I so love him in westerns since he's rugged and has that awesome deep voice.

Hi Angel,

The next thing we should see hit the shelves is Primal which is a b-movie offering in which Lance stars as one of a number of survivors, stranded on a desert island, who are picked off by a carnivorous mutant. Primal has been around for a while actually, it was originally titled 'Lost Tribe' but the production hit problems, people left the project and, if I recall rightly, Lance was not originally attached to the 'Lost Tribe' Project.

The project, and there are a number, that Lance seems very fired up about is Cyrus. He has spoken very proudly of the feature and his role and work in it. In it, he plays Emmett, an enabler to a killer known as "The County Line Cannibal". Apparently it is very dark and one that I am very excited about seeing. Both these films, and a number of others, should be out this year.

Eth

Whilst I don't want to dangle a carrott, I know of one project that Lance is discussing with a director at the moment that is a project he has wanted to do for a long time. It's all very hush, hush and beyond who the director is I don't know any more than that except that I am really looking forward to a Lance created project I must say.

• 1 year later...

The latest "lance Henriksen" voiced Youtube video has just been released and you can head on over here to read all about it and hear it to boot.

If you enjoy the lore of the Old Republic era of Star Wars, here’s something you’ll love. The Old Republic has posted their latest timeline video narrated by Lance Henriksen. This one re-examines the role of Exar Kun in the ancient war between the Jedi and Sith, which you probably will remember from the old Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi comic books from the 90s.

Eth

Guest lilblackgirl

ancient sith worm?

star wars has gone way beyond my understanding these days.

good find, eth. Lance does so much voice over these days, it amazes me. he's a work horse! I'd love to see the videos like this with a picture in picture of Lance reading into the microphone.

I just watched Nightmares in Red, White and Blue the other night and it was good to hear Lance's voiceover in it.