All they are saying...

Rate this topic

Hi guys!

I can't take any credit for finding this article, that goes to Graham who pointed the campaign team in its direction today, but it is a superb article and one I very much enjoyed. Not entirely accurate with a few facts mind but we'll let them off ;)

So head on over here and check it out!

Eth

Yes, great article. Love this part...

So here is your challenge, so called smarter-than-us suits in Hollywood - give Lance a chance! That’s right, drop your agent-mandated list of go to guys and give this fright flick fixture a shot at the solid social superstardom he so richly deserves.

and the title of the article, love it ! ! !

All We Are Saying, Is Give Lance a Chance!

:frank_black:

It's an awesome article isn't it Darlene? I added my ramble to the comments there in appreciation of Lance. I thought this bit was very fitting and very, very true!

In a realm which can chew up and spit out a talented little twinkie, turning them from above the marquee to up the river in a single cinematic season, Henriksen has survived - struggled by survived. Now, as he enters his 70th year, he should become what he so richly deserves to be: an acknowledged master of his craft and a well-paid, well-placed personality.

You know one scene that has always sung to me just how powerful a craftsman he is is the scene just after Catherine has died and a white heared Frank holds Jordan in his arms. I have had the unfortunate experience of being around corpses in my professional life and there is some un-replicable about that state of nothingness that even the most gifted of screen corpses can never truly mimic, there is something intangible about the state of death that he living can never, thankfully, portray. In that scene when Frank is utterly annihilated, his world has ended figuratively and soon to be literally, Lance gives off the same aura of nothingness, of a nebulous state of lifelessness, that is the most chilling portrayal of a living dead man I have ever seen. I can truly see that moment of utter annihilation in a scene where he does nothing more than sit and stare which is made all the more traumatic by the childlike need of Jordan for her Father in that instance. Small moments, so well crafted and portrayed are a hallmark of Lance Henriksen, you have to watch every tiny nuance and understand it has meaning, rhythm and purpose. I guess he probably is my man-crush but he is one of the most, no, the most captivating actor on the screen today.

Hope that wasn't high falutin nonsense.

Eth

Small moments, so well crafted and portrayed are a hallmark of Lance Henriksen, you have to watch every tiny nuance and understand it has meaning, rhythm and purpose. I guess he probably is my man-crush but he is one of the most, no, the most captivating actor on the screen today.

All I can say is "Amen."

Guest JanieJones

I know my first two posts here were "OMG Lance is so hot!!" but I really do respect him as an actor. Frank Black is one of the most intense characters I've ever seen on screen, and I've seen a lot of f***ing films and a decent amount of television. Even the shitty episodes were entirely watchable because of all the Lance greatness. There really isn't even a gesture or a blink of the eye that rings false in his performance over the three seasons. I'd love to see him in a lead role, maybe even in an independent film, if it had a good script and everything I'm sure it could generate a lot of hype and everyone else would come to realize the greatness of Mr. H.

And the sexiness as well...hahaha.