contact info

Rate this topic

Guest Dissonance

Guest Dissonance

Hello,

I'm sorry that my post is off topic, but I'm hoping someone here can give me a little info. I would like to send Chris Carter or his agent a letter asking copyright permission to use a bit of text from a voice over from the X-files in a song. Fox denied me permission, but I'm not sure they even hold the copyright. Could someone please provide me with the necessary contact info?

Thanks,

D

Hi there Dissonance,

Sorry to rain on your parade but 20th Century Fox does indeed hold the rights to the X-Files, if they say no then there is very little Chris Carter can do about it beyond arguing a case.

Evidently not the news I wanted to give someone on their first post but welcome to TIWWA all the same.

Eth

Guest Dissonance

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the nice warm welcome to your forum; and thanks for the information. When I previously contacted Fox the project was merely a dream. I since got a commission to complete the project, and royalties will be paid to the copyright holders. So, I will contact Fox again.

If anybody's interested, the voice over is from the episode Closure. I edited the text to be as follows:

They said the birds refused to sing and the thermometer fell suddenly as if God himself had his breath stolen away. No one dared to speak aloud, as much as in shame as in sorrow. They uncovered the bodies one by one. The eyes of the dead were closed as if waiting for permission to open them. These fates seemed too cruel even for God to allow. I want to believe so badly; in a truth beyond our own, hidden and obscured from all but the most sensitive eyes... In the endless procession of souls... in what cannot and will not be destroyed. I want to believe we are unaware of God’s eternal recompense and sadness. That we cannot see His truth. That, that which is born still lives and cannot be buried in the cold earth—but only waits to be born again at God’s behest... where in ancient starlight we lay in repose.

I will let you know what I hear from Fox.

Thanks,

D