Patrick Harbinson Comes To TIWWA

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

patrick_harbinson_top.jpg

Dear friends,

I have spoken to Patrick Harbinson and he has very kindly agreed to answer some questions for us regarding his time on Millennium. Patrick was a story editor and co-producer on 22 episodes of the show as well as penning "Broken World", "Darwin's Eye", "Through A Glass Darkly", "The Sound Of Snow" and "Via Dolorosa" - I am sure you will agree with me that he was responsible for the creation of some very, very fine episodes.

If you would like to contribute a question to his interview then please leave your suggestion here. I'd love everyone to contribute if they would like as fans ask better questions than any interviewer ever could and fan interviews are always infinitely more enjoyable than those we see in print.

I will leave this topic open for a few days to give everyone the time to contribute before I send the questions off but I have wanted to interview him for some time so this is a great day for TIWWA methinks. :clapping:

Eth

Which of the 5 episodes you're credited to have written on Millennium are you the most proudest of?

Any of those which you felt you could have done better than it came out?

And how hard was it to wrap up and weave story elements from past Millennium seasons in The Sound of Snow and Via Dolorosa?

Any scripts or pitches/ideas of yours which were denied while working on Millennium?

In The Sound of Snow, what was the difference with the tapes of white noise, where 2 people lost their lives and Frank received healing from the loss of Catherine?

Which episode was your most challenging to write?

Which episode, after seeing it on the screen, would you like to change? And if there is one, or more, what would the changes be?

What advice would you give to someone who wants to write professionally?

Hi folks,

This came back to day in record time and elements from all of the suggestions above made it into the final questions though they may have done so in a slightly different context I promise you you will not be disappointed. "Wire In The Blood" fans will also enjoy it as I managed to sneak a couple of questions into the interview and it's a super read to hear him compare Tony Hill and Frank Black and also recall some thoughts about Robson Green and Hermione Norris so we get the best of both worlds with heaps more Millennium I might add.

I don't know when to use this yet as a banner needs to be made and the word got out and so on but I know you guys will love the end result and thank you so much for your help in putting it together.

The time is near.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Only a suggestion, so don't jump on me if it's not a good idea...a TIWWA special about Millennium's writers?

• 1 month later...

TIWWAPatrick.jpg

Hi folks,

I've had this interview for a few weeks now and there never seemed an appropriate time to post it as other things were happening at the time but you can have an opportunity to read this on Sunday 19th September when we will finally be letting the cat out of the bag. It's a great interview folks and Frank Spotnitz very kindly allowed me to plug it on his blog so I hope you will all drop by to enjoy it.

Till then, this is who we are!

Eth