X-Files: Graceland

Rate this topic

A new fan film appeared at Youtube yesterday and I couldn't resist the urge to bung it on my Facebook profile just to solidify in the minds of others my nerd credentials. Someone responding to the video made mention of "X-Files: Graceland" as being of the best XF fan films out there but was unable to point me in the direction of it. I wondered if any of you good people were aware of it and, more importantly, if you know of where it can be viewed or purchased?

Any help would be appreciated.

Eth

Thank you Libby, I couldn't uncover anything. The chap at Facebook mentioned that it had been taken off the internet (evidently not) so maybe Fox did have a hand in the not-very-successful-disappearance of the offending article. That said, it does look pretty good. It certainly has a few Morgan and Wong hallmarks in the pre-titles sequence.

I wonder if fan films are tolerated because fair use weights heavily in favour of those who create works of homage or pastiche even if these are done for financial gain? I am sure I read it somewhere that almost all attempts to take things such as these through the courts fail.

I think I may well have to watch the whole thing now.

Eth