Dying God

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

Hi folks,

I have this seen film but I'm giving a heads up to any UK members who haven't so that they can set their DVR's to record it. Dying God is being show on the Horror Channel on Thursday 25th November 2010 @ 01:00. If you haven't seen the film and are curious as to what it's about it's Grisly shocker full of guns, girls and gore and stars our man as a maverick cop who investigates a string of brutal rapes and murders where the perpetrator may not be human.

There's a trailer below to whet your appetite.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Little correction; the drugs consuming, drinking maverick cop is played by James Horan ("Star Trek: Enterprise"). Lance plays the role of a pimp in a wheelchair who kinda helps the cop while investigating the murders of some hookers.

A strange but in many ways cool, low budget b-movie in the tradition of the italian Giali from the 70's, done by a french director. Great guy, done an interview with him last year about the movie.

If there is any interest I could put an English transcription online...!?

That'll teach me to copy and paste from The Horror Channel. I was in such a rush to get this information on the board today I didn't check my post. Thank you for clarifying that Sidewinder.

I would love to see that interview. If you would be willing to share I'm sure we would all enjoy it. Thank you.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Okay. I'll put it online within the next few days (I'm away a good part of the coming weekend). There will be a brief information and a link in this topic when it's done.

Okay. I'll put it online within the next few days (I'm away a good part of the coming weekend). There will be a brief information and a link in this topic when it's done.

Thanks so much Sidewinder; looking forward to that! :kickin:

its ok Eth, we appreciate the heads up and over look mistakes :tongue:

'Dying God' is available in the states at Amazon for pre-order [release is December 28th]

Guest Sidewinder

its ok Eth, we appreciate the heads up and over look mistakes :tongue:

'Dying God' is available in the states at Amazon for pre-order [release is December 28th]

I agree and appreciate the heads up too. :oneeyedwinK

Dying God is out here since October 2009. Very need cover artwork- but no bonus material (only some other trailers). The French DVD has some very cool extras- unfortunately most of the extras (commentary...) are French without German or English subtitles. My French is horrible. But there are still some nice behind the scenes features in English. But the artwork... Let's say that the cover isn't a good one.

If there is any interest I can write a more detailed list of the technical specifications and extras. I own both, the French and the German DVD. In exchange there is maybe someone with a few information about the US-DVD?

dying_god.jpgdying_god_sales01.jpg

I saw a couple of posters online and took the liberty of pasting them here. They are both superbly done although you would notice the spelling curse that really seems to be following Lance around these days. One thing I did hear about with regards to this film is that a translator had to be hired as there were communication problems on the set. Does anyone happen to know anything about this and who the communication problems were between?

I've also heard there's a substantial amount of nudity in the film, is that correct also?

Sidewinder, once again thank you for offering to share information with us and I am sure everyone here will be grateful if you can but don't make life difficult for yourself. Only do what you are able.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I saw a couple of posters online and took the liberty of pasting them here. They are both superbly done although you would notice the spelling curse that really seems to be following Lance around these days. One thing I did hear about with regards to this film is that a translator had to be hired as there were communication problems on the set. Does anyone happen to know anything about this and who the communication problems were between?

I've also heard there's a substantial amount of nudity in the film, is that correct also?

Sidewinder, once again thank you for offering to share information with us and I am sure everyone here will be grateful if you can but don't make life difficult for yourself. Only do what you are able.

Eth

Below you can find the German DVD cover. It's a little different from the above so there is no spelling problem with Lance.

Nudity: well there is some but in my eyes very limited. It's been a while since I watched it so I have to check it out again to tell you more. "Misty Mundae" a.k.a. Erin Brown was a lot more nude in movies like "Lord of the G-strings". :oneeyedwinK

Regarding translation problems: the movie was shot on a very limited budget in Buenos Aires, Argentinia, with a mixture of locals, american actors and people from France. So yes, there was certainly some communication problem but they managed to solve it.

post-4356-0-26655800-1289840147_thumb.jp

I believe this happens more than the viewing public knows unless there is a write up. A simular situation accurred for 'Transporter" [orginal] where multiple languages were spoken. The lead female was Chinese and the directors were French and Chinese with most the actors being english speaking. I think it worked very well and made an outstanding action movie. :clapping: