Supernatural Pays Homage To The X-Files

Rate this topic

As you guys probably know, it's currently in vogue to pay homage to the X-Files and Supernatural is the latest show to do just that. There are a collection of links here with information about the episode, "Clap If You Want To Believe" and I really hope a Supernatural viewer, or two, from here will let us know what they thought of the episode.

Sounds like it could be fun.

Eth

https://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/11/18/first-look-supernatural-pays-homage-to-the-x-files/

https://www.ksitetv.com/4432/new-clip-supernaturals-tribute-to-the-x-files-opening-titles/

https://hollywoodtoday.us/twin-peaks-and-the-x-files-to-get-a-shout-out-with-tribute-episodes

Guest lilblackgirl

My wife and I recently became huge fans of Supernatural. To the point of going through the first five seasons in about two month's time. Huge junkies.

We were wondering when they were going to breach the alien mythology (even though it looks as though it's not actually aliens). But seeing them pay tribute to XF makes my heart warm.

This episode is on tonight, so I'm looking forward to it.

Guest WaveCrest

Supernatural is now being shown on Living TV in the UK (formerly on ITV2). The sixth season should premiere early next year.

Supernatural's ratings dipped to just over 2 million for last Friday's new episode on The CW. They should get a boost from tonight's X Files homage episode. It's fast national ratings are normally around 2.5-3 million viewers. The Friday night 9 pm timeslot is busy this season, what with five or six shows competing (CSI: NY has been winning the hour).

I first read about this X Files homage episode on Zap2it yesterday, the screencap of the homage to the X Files logo in the first version of the title sequence (X over a grey background), looked very cool.

Wow, where have I been? This has been on the air for 6 seasons, since 2005, and I haven't heard of it or seen one episode? :verymad: Guess I was abducted and have been just recently returned to Earth. :alien2: I sure have a lot of catching up to do. Guess I'll blame it on Pottsie. :Pottsie:

Here's hoping you guys will drop by and let us know what you thought of the episode. With so many shows paying tribute to the X-Files of late it would be nice if you could tell us which you preferred and why. Some of us have to wait nearly a year until we get the chance to see these which is a shame. For those of you who haven't seen this and can't wait that long, here's a little clip from "Clap Your Hands If You Want To Believe" which shows the pre-titles sequence and the opening credits that pay tribute to XF.

Enjoy folks,

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

There's no news article yet on Digital Spy, but on Zap2it's fast national ratings news article for last night, it says Supernatural got 2 million viewers (1.3 rating and 2% share), down again on the previous new episode.

Now that's not so great. This is the third X-Files tribute that has failed to result in an increase of viewers or even a stabilisation of the shedding of them. I rather though that brand XF would bring in a few extra pairs of eyes and so did the various showrunners who have paid homage to it given the amount of pre-publicity these episodes were given. I wonder if brand XF is one that is held in high regard but is one that is no longer a commercial success. Interesting stuff.

Eth

Guest Charger

I've been a big Supernatural Fan since the show started...but as usual we are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind here with this one too...the last season shown here was #4...and that was a year ago...So this will take a while to air here as well...man it sucks being Finnish...and it's bloody freezing cold here too! :confused: