TIWWA Presents - The 2010 Lucy Butler Audio Competition - Now Closed!

Rate this topic

midnightlucy.jpg

Dear friends,

As all of you will know, we began our celebration of the festive season with a little something special from Sarah-Jane Redmond herself with an opportunity to have your words read aloud by Millennium's Lucy Butler. The challenge was to create a festive tale with just enough winter chill and more than a dash of Lucy Butler to ease our Millennium pangs. When we launched the competition I had no idea that it would be so warmly received and that the standard of entries would be so high and so many.

Sarah-Jane undertook the difficult task of reading the entries to select our winner and those in second and third places. I am extremely grateful to her for this as I would have found it impossible hard to do so myself given the standard of the entries and I am pleased to announce that Sarah-Jane has chosen her first, second and third places. In third place we have Ana Miraldo, in second place we have Heath Griner and the winner of the Lucy Butler Audio Competition 2010 is.....

James P. Davis with "Star Of Wonder"

devilbanner.gif

Congratulations to all of you. Our second and place winners will receive an exclusive signed photograph of Sarah-Jane Redmond as Lucy Butler and I want to congratulate the both of you on making Sarah-Jane's job so difficult when it came to selecting a winning entry. You both created something magical and it was by no means an easy task to pick between the finalists. As for our winner, he will hear his story read out in those devilish tones we love between now and the new year. I will, of course, ensure that you all know when this is available. So here's to James on such a deserving win and for creating such a superb story for Lucy Butler to feature in. Take a bow Sir, you truly do deserve it.

Thank you to each and every one of you that entered. You are all winners and we truly appreciate the creativity, energy and passion you are willing to demonstrate in support of the show you love and it does not go unappreciated by the cast and crew I can promise you.

Keep checking this thread to hear the winning entry very soon and have a truly amazing Christmas folks.

Eth

• Like 1

Guest James P. Davis

I am awake before 9AM and I'm happy about it. This is not the normal run of things so I will attribute this to being a Christmas-related event. Even better than that, it's a Millennium-related event! Too beyond cool!

Thank you! I am in a bit of shock...but in a good way.:woot:

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Well Congrats to all the winners and those who entered, especially myself. lol I didn't win or even place guess i do need a dictionary, lol but anyway y'all its good to see a fellow Southerner won. :) Congrats James :) can't wait to hear your story. :)

Laura :)

Yup, a heart congratulations to James who will get to hear his story very, very soon and believe me when I say it's a belter folks. A very well deserved win. As I said, Sarah-Jane did not have an easy time of things, the standard of the entries was so high that there were so many wonderful stories to chose from. It's a testament to each an every one of you that you are so creative.

Everyone's a winner in my eyes.

Eth

• Like 1

Now Sarah-Jane did express a desire to record the second and first place entries which could well mean we get a bonus track folks. I think that will depend on how much time she has tomorrow but all being well that should be the case.

It's a great competition and I am sure you will join with me in thanking Sarah-Jane for her time, patience and support and for being so willing to get involved with the fan community this Christmas.

A round of applause for Sarah-Jane Redmond. :clapping:

Eth

• Like 1

Guest James P. Davis

Now Sarah-Jane did express a desire to record the second and first place entries which could well mean we get a bonus track folks. I think that will depend on how much time she has tomorrow but all being well that should be the case.

It's a great competition and I am sure you will join with me in thanking Sarah-Jane for her time, patience and support and for being so willing to get involved with the fan community this Christmas.

A round of applause for Sarah-Jane Redmond. :clapping:

Eth

Oh indeed, Many Thanks and Merry Christmas to Sarah-Jane!

Both for her work in this contest and her unforgettable portrayal of one of my favorite villains of all time! :notworthy::clapping::notworthy: