Human ' Treeman ' begs for help as he turns into a tree

Rate this topic

Earthnut

• Elders (Moderators)

I remember watching the original documentary about this man. What was so very sad about this case was that a doctor got involved with a treatment plan, but there was a cliffhanger in that the man was earning money from being an exhibit in a freak show and if he was cured he would not only lose that money but also his friendship with others who were part of the same freak show. What cured his condition was straightforward medical science, but after so many years the only way the man could move forward was if there was an alternative way for him to earn money. The good result was all about medical science, but there also needed to be financial support for his treatment and his subsequent new life.

Wow, I totally agree. It's one thing to cure him, but then in so doing it takes away from his financial support. Perfect case of a Catch-22, or "Damned if you do and damned if you don't." My heart goes out to him and his family. They have been through so much.