2 hours ago, SadEyes said:

I have the LP. But I found the whole LP program several years ago as mp3, ripped from the LP. So this is where this comes from.

Wow, that's awesome, and older than I thought.  What's the rest of the album like?  About the same?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 12:08 AM, Earthnut said:

Wow, that's awesome, and older than I thought.  What's the rest of the album like?  About the same?

So to speak, yes. 🙂

Snow Files of the Week: "Big Yellow House/Exterminated" from "MillenniuM", episode "Pilot" (1996).

When The X-Files went into its fourth season, Chris Carter's second show "MillenniuM" premiered. The first episode of "MillenniuM" gained the highest number of viewers FOX ever had for a pilot, the episode was even shown in selected theatres.

The home of the Black family, the big yellow house, is a place of safety for Frank Black. Here he can provide his family with a normal life and keep them away from the dark world outside, at least he thinks he can. If you watch the show closely you will notice, that all the scenes, that play in or around the yellow house, have a certain golden glow, while the scenes in the real world have washed out colours.

Mark uses the main theme from "MillenniuM" to create a haunting variation for the introduction of the yellow house. His soft and moody string pads, combined with the solo violin, create a place of peace, but also underlines the darkness waiting outside.

The tracks are taken from the first volume of music from "MillenniuM", released by La-La Land Records. It was released in 2008 and sold out shortly after. In 2015, the volume was re-issued, limited to 1.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Yes, yes, yes, I did notice the difference when they showed the yellow house compared to the rest of the world.  What genius work, both in production, and of course music.  Thanks again Alex.  :rose1:

• Like 1

Snow Files of the Week: "Capsules/A Mother Never Forgets/Mulder’s Memories" from "The X-Files: The Event Series", episode "Founder's Mutation" (2016).

As the X-Files returned in 2016 so did Mark Snow. His music for the new episodes is familiar, but with enough new elements to keep it interesting. The score is more minimalistic overall, but nevertheless Mark wrote some wonderful themes.

"Founder's Mutation" is the second episode of the event series. It evolves around a scientist who is experimenting on children with genetic anomalities to cure them. Scully and Mulder have visions of their son William, who is genetically different too. At the end of the episode Mulder fantasizes about his son William being grown up to schoolboy-age. He plays with him, builds a rocket and launches it and witnesses his abduction, just like he did with his sister. Back in reality Mulder looks at a photo of William. The music by Mark for this scene, "Mulder's Memories", is surely one of the most beautiful tracks of the event series.

The tracks were taken from the 2CD set, released by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

I've been sitting here listening to these tracks while multi-tasking, and it was so relaxing that I didn't even notice when it finished, then poof, something was off.  Playing it again.  Thanks Alex.  :hug:

• Like 1

Snow Files of the Week: "Our Love/Notions/Midnight Rendez-Vous" from "You ain't seen nothing yet (Vous n´avez encore rien vu, 2012).

This french movie marked the third collaboration between Mark and director Alain Resnais. The movie is much like a stage play, but nevertheless very magical and touching.

Whilst Mark's score for "Private Fears in Public Places", the first Snow-Resnais-Collaboration, was very much butchered in the final movie, it was way better in "Wild Grass" and "You ain't seen nothing yet". Snow's music is as magical and tragic, as the movie is and together they create some very touching moments.

Fans will recognize the violin sound from "MillenniuM" at once, although it was replaced in the movie with a real violin player, at least at the end of the movie. The score got a digital release and a very limited release as a 2-CD-Set (together with "Wild Grass") in France.

Enjoy!