Overarching Storylines

Rate this topic

What were all of the overarching storylines of the show? They can be seasonal.

- The Millennium Group's reaction to the end of the world.

- The Polaroid Stalker terrorizing Frank and his family.

- Frank's gift and Jordan possibly sharing it.

- Jordan's illness and the angels.

- The Legion arc and Lucy Butler.

- The retconned Marburg virus arc.

- Lara Means.

- The Old Man.

- The divisions within the Millennium Group.

- Peter Watts and the "Baby in the Cooler."

- Frank and Catherine's separation in season 2.

- The season 2 storyline in which the Millennium Group was the reason Frank's life sucked.

- Emma Hollis's father having Alzheimer's. I think "Closure" was good episode, but it definitely could have tweaked to have been an actual arc and developed further in season 3.

- Emma proving herself to be a good FBI agent.

- The more antagonistic role the Millennium Group took in season 3. I hated this as Frank was really unlikable in a good part of season 3 because of it.

- The four episodes in which Frank and Jordan find closure after Catherine's death.

- Ed Cuffle?

- The Millennium Group's human experiments (This had been going on throughout season 3.)

Edited by Crunch7204
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Crunch7204 said:

What were all of the overarching storylines of the show? They can be seasonal.

- The Millennium Group's reaction to the end of the world.

- The Polaroid Stalker terrorizing Frank and his family.

- Frank's gift and Jordan possibly sharing it.

- Jordan's illness and the angels.

- The Legion arc and Lucy Butler.

- The retconned Marburg virus arc.

- Lara Means.

- The Old Man.

- The divisions within the Millennium Group.

- Peter Watts and the "Baby in the Cooler."

- Frank and Catherine's separation in season 2.

- The season 2 storyline in which the Millennium Group was the reason Frank's life sucked.

- Emma Hollis's father having Alzheimer's. I think "Closure" was good episode, but it definitely could have tweaked to have been an actual arc and developed further in season 3.

- Emma proving herself to be a good FBI agent.

- The more antagonistic role the Millennium Group took in season 3. I hated this as Frank was really unlikable in a good part of season 3 because of it.

- The four episodes in which Frank and Jordan find closure after Catherine's death.

- Ed Cuffle?

- The Millennium Group's human experiments (This had been going on throughout season 3.)

How do you find time to do all the research you share with us?  Do you sleep?  You amaze me.

• HaHa! 1

21 hours ago, Crunch7204 said:

Can anyone think of any other storylines? Catherine really didn't have any.

I can't think of any.  Hey, I've been depending on you to keep me informed.  :thanks-sign:

• HaHa! 1

The storyline with Jordan and death.

Frank trying to keep the evil out of the yellow house.

Not really a storyline, but several season 1 episodes foreshadowing Frank's mental breakdown in the season 2 finale.

Edited by Crunch7204

I dunno... If you think about it, Catherine  had the major storyline  in the  series.   Catherine was fighting so many outside forces for the health and safety of her family, and for  Frank's  sanity and soul. She was fighting the group's influence, Frank's obsessive nature, fighting the "gifts"  Frank ad Jordan have for their sanity,  It was woven into nearly every episode  of seasons 1 and 2. The first time I watched the series, I thought she was a real nag, always on Frank about  honesty and secrets.... But, when I watched again, I realized  she was right. Frank was spiraling out of control, and Jordan was starting to be affected by this "gift"  and  Catherine was the one  standing between her family and chaos.

It was ultimately her death ( sacrifice)  that   saved Frank and   kept him  and Jordan bonded, and  broke the  group's hold on him.   And even after death, she was  a presence in times of great need,  when Jordan was  near death, when Frank was  unconscious and wanting to give up...

So, if you think about all of this.  Catherine's fight for her family was the overarching storyline overarching them all.

I agree with all that you said seesthru, and why Catherine is my favorite character.  :girl-power-sign:

Yes Peter, is it a battle of Good vs Evil.  I also see it as ~

Constructive vs Destructive

or

Enlightenment vs Ignorance

or

Spirit vs Flesh

• Like 1