Finally Finished All Seasons

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest lilblackgirl

a year after starting, i finally finished off all nine seasons of TXF and overall, i have to say that i'm really impressed. i'm very disappointed in seasons 8 and 9, but the previous 7 were wonderful to watch and i'm glad i was able to see them all.

Since you have seen all the eps.. I would like to know the name [and season] of the ep where Mulder is trapped in virtual reallity game and Scully [armed to the teeth] goes in and kicks some major butt.. aka 'blows the crap out of things'..  :jumping:  :ouroborous:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's "First Person Shooter" which is from season 7 =)

Guest lilblackgirl

yeah, that was entertaining. the one thing that i always loved about TXF was that they really knew how to have a sense of humor. Mulder was great for that with his one liners and scully, once she relaxed later in the series, could really punch them out as well. they didn't take themselves TOO seriously all the time.

• Elders (Moderators)

In the dedicated X-Files forums, First Person Shooter got heavily panned and it's among the most derided episodes.

It was written by William Gibson and Tom Maddox, and apparently the script was about the length of a novel. It had to be heavily re-written and the rumour is that Chris Carter took on the directing of it on the basis he couldn't really ask anyone else to do it!

Personally, I loved the episode. Yes, the effects are cheesy, and anyone who's a real First Person Shooter gamer hated it (e.g. my son). Oh, and apparently Scully didn't hold her weapon correctly (like I really minded that :bigsmile: ). I like the Lone Gunmen - when they appear in an episode there's guaranteed to be the quirky quips that I liked in the X-Files.

Actually, I really like that scene where Scully in all the gear, picks up that gun and lets rip! I get the feeling that GA really enjoyed doing that!

And I think the actors (specifically David and Gillian) like the opportunity to do something very different from usual - it's still very hard work, but it's a different kind of hard work. And if DD and GA had fun doing that episode, that's good.

Some of my favourite episodes are "Bad blood", "Arcadia", "Small potatoes", "Essence" and "Existence", "Dreamland", "Monday". Just off the top off my head.

I've almost collected the whole series now, just waiting for season 7 and 9 to be released (the new, cheaper editions). Can't wait!!

• Elders (Admins)
In the dedicated X-Files forums, First Person Shooter got heavily panned and it's among the most derided episodes.

It was written by William Gibson and Tom Maddox, and apparently the script was about the length of a novel. It had to be heavily re-written and the rumour is that Chris Carter took on the directing of it on the basis he couldn't really ask anyone else to do it!

Personally, I loved the episode. Yes, the effects are cheesy, and anyone who's a real First Person Shooter gamer hated it (e.g. my son). Oh, and apparently Scully didn't hold her weapon correctly (like I really minded that :bigsmile: ). I like the Lone Gunmen - when they appear in an episode there's guaranteed to be the quirky quips that I liked in the X-Files.

Actually, I really like that scene where Scully in all the gear, picks up that gun and lets rip! I get the feeling that GA really enjoyed doing that!

And I think the actors (specifically David and Gillian) like the opportunity to do something very different from usual - it's still very hard work, but it's a different kind of hard work. And if DD and GA had fun doing that episode, that's good.

Hi Libby,

Thanks for the background on this episode. My friends and I are huge FPS game fans and really enjoyed this ep! Guess you can't please everyone in the X-Files just as in MillenniuM!

Graham :ouroborous:

• 2 months later...
Guest lonegungrrly1121

strange how it took me a good few years to complete my x files collection and the whole of 5 days to complete my millennium collection! hehe i got bought season 1 on my birthday and by the time i'd finished 'the Judge' I went to the shops to buy season 2 and 3 :clapping:

and as for FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, I thought it was a great episodes with some of the funniest one liners ever:

Mulder: (after seeing the very sexy Jade Blue AfterGlow!) I seriously need to beat the crap out of something.

I was like :arghhh: you can't say that!! :fool: