Atlantis... Any Chance Of Existence?

Rate this topic

Guest CyberDude

Guest CyberDude

I ended up on some very interesting page while looking for infos on the works of Robert Charroux: web page

I knows it looks a bit weird ("Department of Interplanetary Affairs" and all :eyes: ) but there are a lot of physical evidence of ruins, maps, ancient writings...

I wonder how many of them are genuine...

Guest fledgling666

i'm about half-way down the page now.

here's what i know: there are ruins in the oceans, what they are, where they came from, one can only speculate. my theory is that there is some truth to the story. that there were places of great interest, technologically advanced? prolly not the same thing you would normally think- in other words, they may have had the "wheel" before some other cities, but, in my opinion, not much more than that. these places of great interest were most likely sea-ports and were probably ravaged by earthquakes and/or tsunamis and this is most likely how the ruins got out to sea. i've never heard of anyone finding pyramids and/or domes under the sea, but i have seen video of the columns in the mediterranean. the myth could be left-over information floating around in our subconscious, perhaps a memory of Pangea, from when we were apes (not literally).

as i see it, the theory of a CONTINENT existing in the middle of the Atlantic is, well, there are just too many problems with it. first off, the mid-atlantic ridge is the separation between the two oceanic plates there. these plates are expanding outward from the center of the Atlantic, creating the ridge, a line of undersea mountains. had there been a continent there, it would have split in half, or simply become larger, not sunk. the ridge would have pushed it up, not down. on the other hand, there has long been a theory of an advanced society in the general vicinty, so, it's possible the islands are the answer. i also wonder, could there ever have been a point where the water level in the sea was so much lower as to expose the mid-atlantic ridge long enough for a civilization to grow there? just a thought.

i have only seen the one clip of video i mentioned above, so i cannot comment on all these other finds being claimed, but i have a healthy skepticism about it. my main problem with the theory is this- how does a CONTINENT sink?

Guest blondton13
i'm about half-way down the page now.

here's what i know: there are ruins in the oceans, what they are, where they came from, one can only speculate. my theory is that there is some truth to the story. that there were places of great interest, technologically advanced? prolly not the same thing you would normally think- in other words, they may have had the "wheel" before some other cities, but, in my opinion, not much more than that. these places of great interest were most likely sea-ports and were probably ravaged by earthquakes and/or tsunamis and this is most likely how the ruins got out to sea. i've never heard of anyone finding pyramids and/or domes under the sea, but i have seen video of the columns in the mediterranean. the myth could be left-over information floating around in our subconscious, perhaps a memory of Pangea, from when we were apes (not literally).

as i see it, the theory of a CONTINENT existing in the middle of the Atlantic is, well, there are just too many problems with it. first off, the mid-atlantic ridge is the separation between the two oceanic plates there. these plates are expanding outward from the center of the Atlantic, creating the ridge, a line of undersea mountains. had there been a continent there, it would have split in half, or simply become larger, not sunk. the ridge would have pushed it up, not down. on the other hand, there has long been a theory of an advanced society in the general vicinty, so, it's possible the islands are the answer. i also wonder, could there ever have been a point where the water level in the sea was so much lower as to expose the mid-atlantic ridge long enough for a civilization to grow there? just a thought.

i have only seen the one clip of video i mentioned above, so i cannot comment on all these other finds being claimed, but i have a healthy skepticism about it. my main problem with the theory is this- how does a CONTINENT sink?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, sounds good! I'm pretty much speechless about what you said. (basically, the thoughts you just shared are very logical and precise and you sound like you would be an interesting person to converse with.)

I don't even know why I'm posting-I guess I'm trying to say I love reading your posts! :yes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you. However, I just have to play's Devil's Advocate. :gehenna: What if it didn't sink? What if sea level rose? I don't believe this and I know it's way out there, but what if we are talking about a settlement that formed on a land mass exposed by the water being trapped in the glaciers during the Ice Age? Much the same as Beringia at the Bering Strait, when the glaciers melted, the land mass would have been submerged. Since there were no major cities as humans were nomadic, following game at the time, any settlement that could support itself would be considered advanced.

Okay, that looks even weirder since I've written it down... :eyes:

Guest fledgling666
I'm with you.  However, I just have to play's Devil's Advocate. :gehenna: What if it didn't sink?  What if sea level rose?  I don't believe this and I know it's way out there, but what if we are talking about a settlement that formed on a land mass exposed by the water being trapped in the glaciers during the Ice Age?  Much the same as Beringia at the Bering Strait, when the glaciers melted, the land mass would have been submerged.  Since there were no major cities as humans were nomadic, following game at the time, any settlement that could support itself would be considered advanced.

Okay, that looks even weirder since I've written it down... :eyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, i thought about that, and that's why i asked if there had ever been a time when sea level could have gotten that dang shallow, to allow for a large enough land mass to be exposed and for a long enough period of time to allow for the growth of a civilization that could be called "advanced." and to go along with that, here's another possible theory: the expansion at the mid-atlantic ridge could possibly cause a sort of "bowing" of the crust beneath on either side of the ridge, due to the expansion at the center, but having nowhere to expand outward at the coastal edges.

here's the thing, i do not believe "atlantis" existed. i believe it is a myth. when young, our species built stories to tell our children about the world. i believe this is one of them. however, i also love to explore the world, and our past, and i am interested to find out if i'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...