Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Your Favorite Season of MillenniuM  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/27/2008 at 5:21 PM, Guest KTL said:

Season 3 is clearly the best, in my opinion. I didn't miss one episode when I first saw it on the german Pro7 in 2000 (I think). I even skipped my favourite late night show, the Harald Schmidt show for it - witch ran in the same time spot and witch I watched religiously. What I love about Season 3 is its non-hectic approach to storylines and it's heavy visualism. Also, the best use of an actors face I've ever seen. Season 3 conveys somekind of calm loneliness for me, like a cool breeze, witch makes me shudder, but also calms me down. I don't know. I can't describe it.

Best presence of Lance Henriksen in the whole show. Maybe it's the whole mentor aspect. Or maybe it's because he is a widower now, raising Jordan by himself - it makes his character even more tragic, lonely, heavy. He has gravity here. I also like his relationship to Peter here. Maybe because I like Terry O'Quinn playing "dark". I am a huge fan of his Stepfather movies (I haven't seen one episode of Lost yet).

Also, the most memorable episodes too. (Darwin's Eye, Saturn Dreaming of Mercury, Nostalgia, Skull and Bones, Through a Glass Darkly etc.) Altough it had it's stinkers like Exegesis. Season 1 is my second favourite, but after a very, very dark start it somehow looses its footing. (The darkness is back in Lamentation and Broken World is simply brilliant.) And Season 2 didn't even feel like Millennium or Frank Black at all. It was almost unbearably light in tone.

For me, 3 is the most honest of all seasons. It doesn't have the uncertainties of Season 1 (where is this all heading?) or the change the world mentality of Season 2. It just presents the ugliness of its world as it is. Season 3 is a lot like Blurs Trimm Trabb in Darwin's Eye: "That's just the way it is, That's just the way it is..."

Well-said! Not ready to vote just yet as I'm rewatching all, but I definitely appreciate your take on Season 3.