One Memorable "villain" To Me

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Guest blondton13

The most favorite villian poll got me to thinking about one character that has always fascinated me. Remember Matthew Prine from 19:19? How he sat in his trailer in the beginning tabulating various events from all over the world before reaching his conclusion that the next World War was coming? His actions always made me speculate...do some people of high intellect (or really bored!) do this? I would think that there are some very intelligent people out there that for whatever reason gather info similar to this to reach various conclusions. I'm not referring to government agencies, but normal (?) everyday individuals. I actually do not see Prine as a villian, because as you see later in the movie, there may have been some validity to his actions. His intent was well-meant, even if his actions weren't. He reminded me a bit of "A Beautiful Mind." I am just curious as to what other people's thoughts are on this. I would love to be this intelligent, but then again, it would probably be a curse. As Frank refers to his gift.

My son is one such person. He was a national merrit scholar and is quite brilliant. He is mulit-literate etc. etc. He spends a great deal of his free time taking in infromation from around the world.

From time to time tid- bits of his esoteric knowledge finds it's way into our everyday conversations. From this I get glimpse of how differently he sees the world. He may not be exactly what you are talking about, but he is one of those that sees above and beyond what most of we more myopic creatures are able to assertain about the world.