X-files 2 Movie

Rate this topic

Guest lonegungrrly1121

serious question folks...

do you think there will ever be an x files movie??

i mean Duchovny has been saying lots but there is never any proof to back it up....

im beginning to have my doubts about it ever going ahead... :cry:

• 2 months later...
Guest zombieromero

I think there will be another X-Files movie because the fans are screaming and the executives know that it will make money.

Guest Frank L.

I also think (and hope) there will be another X-Files movie. Chris Carter said a

while ago, I think it was after David Duchovny said all those things, that the movie is still in negotiations, but things are looking positive...

But how long will it take before they come with some kind of confirmation? So that those who are waiting finally know that it's really going to happen...

And Carter & Co. said the movie would be a standalone story. Does anyone have any idea how they can move on after the last episode? I was thinking, maybe it would be great if the movie would be some sort of prequel, taking place in season 1-4. (just an example).

EREHT TUO SI HTURT EHT

I was thinking, maybe it would be great if the movie would be some sort of prequel, taking place in season 1-4. (just an example).

Yeah! That would be cool! :clapping::alien::alien2:

BTW, LOVE the sig/XF image.

• Elders (Admins)

I'm not sure about that website name yet. Here's the domain info for it:

Registration Service Provided By: Registerfly.com

Visit:

Domain name: xfilesmovie2.com

Registrant Contact:

Joe Computer

Joe Internet ************@yahoo.com)

+1.5555555555

Fax:

State Street

Micro, MI 38394

US

Administrative Contact:

Joe Computer

+1.2222222222

Fax:

state street

Joe Computer, MI 78900

US

Technical Contact:

Joe Computer

Joe Joe ************@yahoo.com)

Fax:

Joe Computer

Joe Computer, NA 22222

US

Billing Contact:

Joe Computer

+1.9999999999

Fax:

Joe Computer

Joe Computer, MI 74755

US

Name Servers:

ns.phx3.nearlyfreespeech.net

ns.phx4.nearlyfreespeech.net

Creation date: 01 Apr 2005 20:26:16

Expiration date: 01 Apr 2006 20:26:16

Guest Sanitarium

I think the thing holding it up right now is one of the parties involved, be it Duchovny, Anderson, Carter, etc., are asking for too much money. By the sounds of it, all of the people involved with the series want to do it so the only thing that could be holding it up is money. So once the contracts are settled it should get underway.

Guest Frank L.

Look what I found on scifi.com:

X-Files Sequel Still Out There

Frank Spotnitz, co-executive producer of The X-Files, told SCI FI Wire that a second feature film based on the television series is still in the works. "My deal has been done—and I'm not exaggerating—for a year and a half," he said in an interview at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting his new series, Night Stalker. "There are other deals, and you can guess who the people are [who are] involved, and I don't know why they're taking so long. It's very frustrating to me. I hoped the movie would be done now."

Spotnitz said that the lack of a deal has so far prevented him and creator Chris Carter from writing the script, but they know what the story will be and are looking forward to writing it. "Obviously, I'm very busy right now, but it means a lot to me," he said. "I would love to do it, and I wish that we could get all the business things in order so it could happen. ... These are things that happen between lawyers, and I'm not privy to it because it's not my deal. But I know [stars] David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] want to do it. I know Chris wants to do it. I don't know where the holdup is. But I hope it happens. I remain optimistic it will happen. If you'd asked me a year ago, I never would have believed it still wouldn't be in the works at this point." Spotnitz's new show, Night Stalker, premieres Thursday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

There you have it. Spotnitz' deal has been closed a year and a half ago. We could have had a movie by now!!! But I think this message is positive. They're still working on the deal, but I think we can expect confirmation soon...