Seven and One

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming
Wow, I had never seen Seven and One before. I just loved the part where Frank busted through Peter Watts window and pulled the gun on him. And the part where Emma encountered the other Emma and that other Emma turned the gun on hersellf. WOW!!! Me and Anna watched from Seven and One through "Goodbye To All Of That". And now she's having nightmares. She woke up crying and she told me that she was having bad dreams and that she was seeing stuff like in Millennium.

• Elders (Moderators)

I don't recall seeing this episode. At the rate the eps are available on the alt.binaries group, it'll probably be a few weeks before I get to see this. I did think of writing myself a note to come back and revisit this thread once I'd seen it - but I'd probably forget - my memory seems to be pretty challenged at the moment. Heck, I even joked to my husband earlier this evening that perhaps I should get myself a name badge - and now I can't even remember why that seemed a good idea. :(

Thankfully, there's a good search facility here, so when I've watched it I can come back to this thread and share my views. I've not had nightmares (so far ...) but I do find watching Millennium episodes an emotional experience. Sometimes, I just have to go and do something completely different, so as not to think about it - not to avoid the impact but just to let it sink in slowly. This is very powerful stuff indeed.

Yes, the wind down episodes of s3 are outstanding!  Seven and One is particularly good.  It really nicely and subtley ties in multiple story threads throughout the entire series.  This is where we see Lance playing Frank at his "exhausted-aging-on the-verge-of-a-breakdown-unconquered-but-weathered" best!

I really liked the Boxer/Mabius/Legion character, too bad we didn't get to see more of him.

Yeah!  And tell me about MillenniuMistic dreams!  I just had another MillenniuM Fan Convention dream last night... this time of workshop/autograph session being held by one of the writers/producers!

Sweet Dreams,

Scott

• 1 month later...
Guest Polaroid Stalker

This episode really heightens my theory that Mabius (the Group thug) is a manifestation of Legion, since he morphs from Agent Del Boxer and kills Frank's therapist (yikes!). Anybody else agree?

Also, I think "Seven and One" contradicts with "Dead Letters," 'cause Jordan's birthday in Season 1 was in autumn, while in "Seven and One" it was spring. I mean, I know one was a dream sequence, but who dreams about their birthday, a princess costume, and a murderous clown.

• 10 months later...

I watched Seven and One about two months ago (which is as recently as I've gotten to watch MM), and while I didn't remember that the chair through the window scene was from this ep, I'd have to agree overall that it is among my faves. However, there's one thing I don't understand. In MOTC (as was discussed on the MOTC thread in this section), Frank has a brother two years younger than he. You can read it in the obituary he pulls from a box in his closet, not to mention the entire episode of Sacrament. In Seven and One, Frank tells Emma the story of why he's afraid of water (I'll not give it away, just in case), saying his "brothers" let him join them that particular instance. So there's at least one other brother and, given his/their action/s, at least one that's older. So... where does this phantom brother/s come from? Frank's father could have remarried, but there's not one mention of it that I can recall, and that would be pretty easily explained with a sentence or two (including one of why she's not in the picture anymore).

Or another theory: if at least one of the boys in Curse is supposed to be an older brother, why muck around with canon in MOTC?

Or, I could be that I'm very dull or that it's really been that long since I've been able to have myself a MM fest that everything's all muddled up in the brain. College'll do that to you.

- nothing, who all the sudden has to go b/c of a damn firedrill

• Elders (Moderators)
This episode really heightens my theory that Mabius (the Group thug) is a manifestation of Legion, since he morphs from Agent Del Boxer and kills Frank's therapist (yikes!). Anybody else agree?

That would be an explanation. But more terrifying is the fact, that the Group obviously joined with the forces of evil and not just by accident. At the end of "Monster" you see the little blonde girl (I forgot her name :eyes: ) who made Frank see the Gehenna-Devil again, sitting at a table having lunch with her new family. In the backround you can see the computer with the ouroborus. So MillenniuM knew she was evil, but they brought her into this MM-Family.Either they should watch her and keep her away from doing evil or they should study her to learn more about the true nature of evil, so it gets controllable and useful for the Group.

Alex :ouro:

Guest A Stranger

That would be an explanation. But more terrifying is the fact, that the Group obviously joined with the forces of evil and not just by accident. At the end of "Monster" you see the little blonde girl (I forgot her name :eyes: ) who made Frank see the Gehenna-Devil again, sitting at a table having lunch with her new family. In the backround you can see the computer with the ouroborus. So MillenniuM knew she was evil, but they brought her into this MM-Family.Either they should watch her and keep her away from doing evil or they should study her to learn more about the true nature of evil, so it gets controllable and useful for the Group.

Alex :ouro:

I got the impresssioin that they were trying to "reform" her. Mainly becuase they force her to pray.