Forcing The End

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I've been editing the transcript and found what I think is an oddity. At the beginning of the episode, a pregnant woman is kidnapped and taken to a temple.

Later, Frank and Hollis search a suspect's house and find a broken bowl, similar to those on the altar in the temple, with similar symbols to the priest's vestments. Here's the screenshot of the bowl (you'll have to click to enlarge the image to see it clearly):

post-118-1132771054_thumb.jpg

Frank does some research on sacred ceremonial patterns and a while later Hollis is in the briefing room where the printouts from that research (also shown earlier in the episode) are pinned up. Here are a couple of screenshots:

post-118-1132771422_thumb.jpg

post-118-1132771499_thumb.jpg

So, now the ouros have eyes, and the calf has become a chicken (rooster?). Someone mentioned in another topic the prevalence of eyes in MM (but I can't find that posting) but it does seem strange that there is this difference - it's not referred to in the episode.

And what about the change from calf to bird - is this supposed to be a reference to the Roosters?

• Elders (Moderators)

These are very interesting images, I hadn't even paid any particular attention to them earlier.

About the two ouros with eyes... don't those patterns also look a bit like two embryos? But why would there be two of them? Christ and Antichrist?