Gunfighters Moon

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Ahhh yes, I am basking in the afterglow of another Lance Henriksen experience. I have had a lot of favorite actors and actresses, but I can probably safely say that Lance is my favorite, at least right now. I guess the fact that he was the star of what I still regard as the best TV program of all time (Millennium of course) gets him off to a pretty good start. Being a fan of the show, and subsequently, a fan of Lance has inspired me to watch a good number of films that I otherwise would never have even heard of, let alone watched. I have recently added The Invitation and Gunfighter's Moon to the list. I was looking through the DVD bin at the local used CD/DVD store, ran across Gunfighter's Moon, and was overcome with joy to see that the price was an astonishingly low $3.00. Of course, that made it a no brainer purchase. To add to my pleasure, my boss gave me a two for one deal on the trade exchange money that they take, so it was actually more like $1.50 that it cost me. Anyway, given the fact that I had just watched Silverado last night, along with the fact that this looked like a low budget movie that could be on the cheesy side, I didn't know for sure how much I would enjoy the movie. The last thing I want to see is a movie that is not worthy of Lance's great talent and presence. Gunfighter's Moon, however, did not let me down. True, it did use a lot of the familiar western formula, but it was just a lot of fun, and had enough originality, unpredictability and good acting to make it a worth while film and to leave me with a great feeling of satisfaction. I recommend this movie for fans of Lance, but it's also pretty solid in it's own right. I had my doubts when I put it in my DVD player, but I'm glad a I selected it and it made for an enjoyable evening. I was going to post about "The Invitation" as well, but it's late and that movie deserves it's own post.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
some of my recent rents of Lance is Powder, i liked him in this role as the sheriff. My other notables are

Near Dark

No Escape

Pumpkinhead

Near Dark was very good. Somehow that one slipped under my radar screen when it was released, and I never did watch it until last year, and then only because Lance was in it. It was probably better than I expected and a worthy effort. I seem to remember enjoying Pumpkinhead, but I keep missing it at Halloween time, and it has been years and years sense I saw it, so that one is on the agenda. As for "No escape", long before I was a real fan of Lance, I developed a poor opinion of this movie, although I have never seen it. Who knows, I might pick it up one day just for fun, but it really doesn't seem like my kind of movie. It kind of strikes me as a movie that is totally out of touch with reality. For some reason, sometimes I can handle that, and sometimes not, but with this flick I just view it as an action flick with little substance. Part of me says to myself that Lance would not participate in such a flick, but sometimes an actor has little or no options, previous obligation, or just plain has to put food on the table, and I can't help but think of a piece of garbage called "Stone Cold" that Lance had the misfortune of participating in, so you never know. Other than that one and maybe one or two others, I have no complaints about anything I have seen with Lance in it. I finally watched Powder this year and loved the movie and Lance's role.

• Elders (Admins)

I recently watched Pumpkinhead and thought it was a strange film! Lance was very believeable in his role. I was dissapointed with the monster though as I assumed he would have a pumpkin for a head! Silly me!

I recently watched Pumpkinhead and thought it was a strange film! Lance was very believeable in his role. I was dissapointed with the monster though as I assumed he would have a pumpkin for a head! Silly me!

BEER---> Did u like the way they (Lance & Pumkinhead) looked alike at the end of the film? <hehe>

BELCH

• 1 month later...
Guest Mr Noir

I love this "Gunfighter's Moon"!

And the fact that he's got the same voice in German like on "MM". :D

"GM" ist just a great movie! I love westerns anyway, but this movie was great.