"this Is Who We Are" From New Zealand

Guest GENESIS

Guest GENESIS
Good to have you amoung us, G. I am definitely envious that you had contact with Mrs. H and with H himself! Well done! What were they like? What did you discuss?

Once again welcome.

A word to our new a candidate from Mr. Lott:

"As you are about to become a member of the Millennium Group, there will be a constant danger to yourself: mentally, physically ... in the responsibility of the responsibility. Just the simple act of comprehending the reality of the events before us can cause some to break. And to those who are not broken by the danger and responsibility of knowing-- comes the intensity of living with that fear for the rest of their lives. And the actions which must be taken to achieve the Millennium Group's success of purpose. This is who we are."

Don't worry, the blood oath ritual doesn't come until much later down the line! LOL! ;)

This is who we are,

:ouro: Selfo

So I dont get to do a Lara Means yet...? ,dance around like on an LSD trip.. :bigsmile:

Anyway for the very brief time and as best as I can recall (and the fact it was ages ago now) when I talked with Mr and Mrs H they were great,MrsH has a wicked sense of humour and is very upbeat,Mr Henriksen only chimed in when I started asking some very probing questions about the show,one question I asked really drew his attention and he mentioned that his actions in this instance were not in the script but were in fact his own personalisation of Frank the character.And something he added into the scene without any instruction to do so it was fully on his own accord.

He and Chris Carter often seemed to come to some agreement as to letting Lance as an actor go with certain personalising of Frank Black to Lances acting tastes....

Which is in fact interesting as in most interviews it almost contradicts that impression I got, as far as I have seen in tthe makings of the show it gave me the impression that Lance had been on quite a tight leash as far as adding personal touches to things or elements of the show.

I remember hearing Lance as an actor always uses his hands while acting and in Millenium and was in fact chastised to not do so,as he had to act very un-moving and static.

This was in the Making Scenes of the PILOT when Frank is describing "Peste" and the "Maritime City" etc... I actually doubted that Frank/Lance had any such problems in adapting to the role...

He seems so natural.... :ouro:

Edited by GENESIS
  • Elders (Admins)

Hi all,

Just chiming in briefly, but rejoice in the fact that Lance H does indeed know of our existince after we hosted the interview platform for him and LH Web Magic with Sue Myatt a short time ago (around the time of Aliens vs Predator). He was very grateful for our help and grateful for the chance to talk about so many aspects of his work with the fans.

I wish his website hadn't just dissapeared but I know he's selling his pottery through Sideshow Creations these days and there is a brief note on Web Magic about his site.

Graham