Overlooked Gems

Rate this topic

I dont see this episode discussed alot. I watched it today and really enjoyed it. I find this episode probably one of the best in Season 3. Watch the cinematography and direction, with me i was amazed. Maybe part of the reason it was a good epi, Micheal R Perry wrote it. I encourage you all to re-watch it. Tell me what you think of it.

• Elders (Admins)

Yes I liked this episode too. It reminded me of the first season episode themes, the serial killers etc.

Also of note is April Telek (Liddy Hooper) who you might recognise better as Calamity from the Pilot episode.

Guest zombieromero

Yeah this is a good little episode. I don't mean to make a pun on the word but I'm getting a little bit nostalgic whilst remembering this episode. Might give it a watch tonight.

Guest betweenthelines
I dont see this episode discussed alot. I watched it today and really enjoyed it. I find this episode probably one of the best in Season 3. Watch the cinematography and direction, with me i was amazed. Maybe part of the reason it was a good epi, Micheal R Perry wrote it. I encourage you all to re-watch it. Tell me what you think of it.

I liked the music in the teaser; reminded me of Seasons 1-2 when you would hear some good alternative music in certain episodes :). I liked the actual episode too, but the teaser was particularly attention-getting.

Guest A Stranger
I liked the music in the teaser; reminded me of Seasons 1-2 when you would hear some good alternative music in certain episodes :). I liked the actual episode too, but the teaser was particularly attention-getting.

It's PJ Harvey, "A Perfect Day Elise." I love this episodes too, it is flawless in it's simplicty. Realy powerful and one of the few season three episodes to sucessfuly do what Carter wanted to do with it, bring it back to what he was trying to do in year one. Which is tell a really affective crime story. That last scene between Frank and Emma is so beuatiful and says everything in such a brief moment. This one the kind of episode that would have been deamed "seriel killer of the week," but to me is so much more as it uses that medium to tell a really emotional story beyond the obvious simple detective plot.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
It's PJ Harvey, "A Perfect Day Elise." I love this episodes too, it is flawless in it's simplicty. Realy powerful and one of the few season three episodes to sucessfuly do what Carter wanted to do with it, bring it back to what he was trying to do in year one. Which is tell a really affective crime story. That last scene between Frank and Emma is so beuatiful and says everything in such a brief moment. This one the kind of episode that would have been deamed "seriel killer of the week," but to me is so much more as it uses that medium to tell a really emotional story beyond the obvious simple detective plot.

All right, that's it! I'm gonna finish these 3rd Season episodes so that I can jump in here and actually have something to say!

: )

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
My other Gem, in which i am gonna watch when i wake up is Broken World and Wide Open. Two classics with unique premise

I have not seen these 1st Season episodes in a while; I remember "Broken World" with the guy who was killing horses and some of the dialogue and the way he delivered it.

You are right; it was definitely a unique premise; I think the show won an award too for their treatment of the issue concerning the animals. I don't remember too much in detail about the guy who preyed on people at the 'Open houses'. I'm looking forward to going back and watching some of these older episodes again...

Guest MrCox

"Nostalgia" is exactly what the title promises. It delivers everything season 1 had to offer, a murder mystery, Frank as profiler, the dark atmosphere. It's the return to the feel of season 1 Carter always promised but hardly delivered. (I still don't see this return to the style of season 1 in most of season 3!)

Did anyone notice the subtle hints at the TV series "Twin Peaks"? Like in that show a blonde woman is killed who's name Liddy Hooper sound a lot like Laura Palmer. The sheriff's name is Briggs like the name of Laura Palmer's boyfriend (Bobby Briggs). The small town with the white fences, the spooky atmosphere, the countless suspects and the bar (Roadhouse - Bar None) are all reminders of David Lynch's TV show. I like the idea of Frank being an older and even wiser version of Agent Dale Cooper.

And the foot reminds me a lot of the ear in David Lynch's "Blue Velvet".

"Nostalgia" is a really great episode that just doesn't fit well between the two "alternative" season finales "Seven And One" and "Via Dolorosa" / "Goodbye To All That". This is exactly the kind of episode the first third of season 3 was lacking! I love this one!

Guest betweenthelines
My other Gem, in which i am gonna watch when i wake up is Broken World and Wide Open. Two classics with unique premise

'Broken World' was a good one. Never understood the mixed responses to this episode. The same could also be said for 'The Wild and The Innocent'...