Movies

Rate this topic

Guest Jack Bauer

Guest Jack Bauer

OK, we've had favourite tv shows but I wondered what everybody's favourite movies are ? I've got too many to mention including -

Taxi Driver

The Conversation

Apocalypse Now

Bladerunner

Three Days of the Condor

The Day of the Jackal

Matrix

Etc. Etc.

Guest Polaroid Stalker

My favorite movies:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

The Matrix

Alien

Aliens

Minority Report

A.I.

The X-Files movie

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Enjoy

-- The Stalker :cool:  :ouro:  :cool:

Guest Jack Bauer

I forgot about Alien and Aliens - classic stuff !

Love the X Files movie too !

Oh, and Marathon Man, The Exorcist, Godfather etc etc...

So many movies, so little time !

:alien: The X Files movie

Dances With Wolves

Field of Dreams

What Dreams May Come

Star Trek IV

Silence of the Lambs

Dead Poets Society

Interview With The Vampire

The Mothman Prophasies

As Good As It Gets

:O Weird combo, I know :p

Guest LauraKrycek

Well, these two never change:

The Princess Bride

The Neverending Story

As far as others, I'd have to name:

The Joy Luck Club

What Dreams May Come

Wide Awake (which I just now found out that M. Night Shyamalan wrote, so no wonder I love it)

And I'm a total movie fiend, so you know I've got a billion more... unfortunately, I was interrupted by my dorm's fire alarm going off (just a drill, but still annoying), and I lost my train of thought.

For me my favorit movies are:

The Rock and Tango & Cash.                                             I have not been into watching and enjoing movies until recently. Don't get me wrong I love going to the movies It's just that I don't really have a lot of favs. Also there a few other DVD's that we own that I love to watch but are not movies  :( But I love  :love:  to watch they are a few differant concerts that we have like Bon Jovi [Crush tour] & "The Who atThe Royal Albert Hall".I know they are not movies but they are long enough to be. And I do love  :love:  watching them . Well if I can think of any more favs. I will be sure to let you all know.

Happy movie watching!           - Denise :ouro:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ein042

Like Laura, I am a total movie preak and have a billion favs,

The ones that struck me most:

Silence of the Lambs

Mothman Prophecies

Dimension films 'The Prophesy' struck a nerve because of the nature of the Angels in the film.

I just read Misguided Angels' post on the "Angels in Black" thread. That thread was so eloquently discussed I felt it might be over my head to jump in there but I felt this movie, which was released in '95, may have somehow inspired the MM writers in thier creation of the Angels throughout the show.I thought Eric Stoltz's performance as Samuel was the most riviting thing i ever saw.

And the conversation between the Priest turned cop and the schoolteacher about how 'whenever God needed to send a message or if he needed a killing he sent an Angel. Imagine what a creature like that must be like. It's entire exsistance spent serving God with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to meet an Angel?'

And then when MM came along and the 'Powers' episode struck me as a continuation of that Idea. Along with Lara's visions of Angels with terrible portent.

Guest nuno

For me my favorite movies are:

On the friendship theme: Once upon a time in America.

One the drama: The Lord of the Rings ( both movies seen yet)

One the sience fiction theme, there is nothing like the Star Wars saga.

One the fantastica level there is the Matrix ( wacth out for the Matrix Reloaded in May 21 )

One the action theme, anything from Steven Seagal.

But above all, the Millennium tv series.

Guest &one

Hi Nuno,

Here in the states the Matrix Reload is opening on the 15th of May. We are having a special preview an the 14th at 10 pm. You might want to check the date at your local movie theater for the date where you are. Well that's where I'm off too now. I work at our local movie theater.

later Denise

Guest nuno

Thank's denise, i checked and gess what: it's not may 21, it's fraiday the 24. You see i don't live in the us, i live i a small country in the other side of the world and, with no significant impact on the box offices.

Thanks anyway.