More Great News

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

Southern Celt...i beat you to this one...although i really didnt want to...proceed only if you want to be even more uneasy about H5N1...just like in the pilot when Frank is reading the newspaper about the dancer's death and you hear a distant rumbling of thunder...a harbinger of things to come..

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/AvianFlu/story?id=1724801

4th Horseman

Southern Celt...i beat you to this one...although i really didnt want to...proceed only if you want to be even more uneasy about H5N1...just like in the pilot when Frank is reading the newspaper about the dancer's death and you hear a distant rumbling of thunder...a harbinger of things to come..

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/AvianFlu/story?id=1724801

4th Horseman

I've been thinking.......pause for effect.......what if we somehow re-routed all of the killer bees that are now invading the U.S. from the south to intercept the birds that are thought to have avian flu? who would win? that avian flu sounds nasty, that is scare stuff 4th :helpme:

i was thinking about this today regarding the Avian Bird Flu.....that Czars never made it to the states, so there is a remote possibility that the Bird Flu may not make it at all. Just a thought
it would be nice, but cant stop the bird migrations...saw on CNN today that H5N1 will be here by fall of this year...

4th Horseman

Guest SouthernCelt
i was thinking about this today regarding the Avian Bird Flu.....that Czars never made it to the states, so there is a remote possibility that the Bird Flu may not make it at all. Just a thought

Just so I understand you...does "Czars" mean "SARS," the one they've had so much problem with in the Orient?

I think we'll have it in the UK sooner than that but as I understand it, the main issue is if it mutates into a human form of flu. Then we're screwed. :Owls_Ouro_Large:
Old Man...you are correct...actually it is transmittable at the present time, but only through direct contact with the infected bird, feces of said animal, etc...117 have been infected, 98 have died..

the type of mutation you are talking about generally needs a secondary host, and the most likely suspect would be swine. Pigs are highly susceptable to BOTH avian flu and human influenza-A viruses. If one were to become simultaneously infected with the H5N1 AND a strain of human flu, then that could present a worse-case scenario possibility whereby both viruses could then possibly mutate into one supervirus. This is the most commonly accepted scientific method by which this virus could become pandemic in nature. Scary stuff for sure..and what is somewhat macabre is that my initial posts concerning this subject months ago were generally met with skepticism it could spread, not only around the world, but also with the speed by which it is currently enveloping both non-developed and developed nations..

never doubt the 4th Horseman...LOL...for I ride a pale horse and my name is Death...

4th Horseman..