COOL S3 DISCOVERY!...

Rate this topic

....not sure if this one had been discovered before but this one really excited me:in the very last episode of MM,"3abc22-Goodbye To All That" there is what is obviously a very warm tribute to a few of MM's past and VERY talented MM-VETS.

...HERE'S THE SETUP: about 3/4 of the way through the episode we see peter watts sitting at a table using his computer when his wife comes in the room and they start talking about frank,etc. ...she walks out of the room and peter turns his attention to his computer screen: on the screen is a profile of "Lucas Barr". some of the highlights displayed on the screen:

GROUP FILE# 0108-1969

SUBJECT: Lucas Barr

BORN: 1974

KNOWN ALIASES:-(i'll just include the relevent 3-names I instantly recognized!):

1-CHUCK HOLLAND

2-ROBERT MORESCO            

3-TEDDY MANN

....then peter prints the page and the names are then very clearly shown again.

...for those who don't know who these 3-are,or just are not into the all-important CREATIVE/TECHNICAL credits those 3-names are VERY forminible for S1/2 fans.

here's the rundown:

1)-As shown in  ep-"3ABC22": "CHUCK HOLLAND"...As shown in the ep-credits: "CHARLES D. HOLLAND": was a story editor in S1 and wrote the wondeful S1 episode "WIDE OPEN".

2)-As shown ep-3abc22 "and" ep credits:"ROBERT MORESCO":

... A producer/writer for S1/2,who penned one of the most outstanding MM eps in the entire run: "COVENANT"-(which was based on an actual case as shown on HBO's "AUTOPSY" series)-as well as co-writing the ep "BROKEN WORLD",among others in his tenure with MM.

...and now THE BEST FOR LAST MY FRIENDS-(personaly speaking of course):

3)-As shown in ep-"3abc22": "TEDDY MANN"...As shown in ep-credits: "TED MANN":Major Writer/Producer for SEASON-1,writing or co-writing some of the best of the best that made SEASON-1 so damn great:

1)-"THE JUDGE",writer

2)-"LOIN LIKE A HUNTING FLAME",writer

3)-"P.P.T.D.",co-writen by TED MANN/HAROLD ROSENTHAL

4)-"PAPER DOVE",co-writen by TED MANN/WALON GREEN

....ted mann was,and is a marvelous talent who,unfortunately,left the series over creative differences regarding the direction of SEASON-2.

....again,this nice little tribute-(put in there i bet by Chip Johannessen)-is about 3/4 into "GOODBYE TO ALL THAT" and is shown twice,once on a computer screen and then on the printed page.

~happy hunting!

se7en  :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Outstanding mate! I wonder if Terry O'Quinn had spotted that or knew about it when he acted that scene?

Also, I wonder if the Group File No. signified anything as it's actually a date!

Gra.

• Elders (Moderators)

Oooh, well spotted, se7en! I'll have to remember to include this in the transcript for that ep.

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing the freeze-frame thing to spot the in-jokes and so on. I rewatched "Jose Chung" recently and spent ages on the scene where Ratfinkovich is at a newsstand and the woman who "attacked" him is reading "New Age Woman Magazine". I was trying to see if there were any in-jokes in the magazine, since that was probably a mock-up done by the design team. Unfortunately, I couldn't actually see anything very clearly (perhaps I should clean my monitor).

I checked imbd.com and www.on-this-day.com for the date/Group File No. but couldn't see anything that seemed relevant.

(Since starting the transcripts, it's becoming automatic to go off and do research on the web. Perhaps I should change my name to Research Girl.  :laugh: )

Libby

Good catch there se7en!!! I love when the 1013 writers do stuff like this!  When I notice writing in a file or on a computer in an ep like this, I try to check it out to see if there is any little tributes or "winks" like this.  Very cool.  Nice catch!

SP

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Sixpence
<font color='#810541'>....not sure if this one had been discovered before but this one really excited me:in the very last episode of MM,"3abc22-Goodbye To All That" there is what is obviously a very warm tribute to a few of MM's past and VERY talented MM-VETS.

...HERE'S THE SETUP: about 3/4 of the way through the episode we see peter watts sitting at a table using his computer when his wife comes in the room and they start talking about frank,etc. ...she walks out of the room and peter turns his attention to his computer screen: on the screen is a profile of "Lucas Barr". some of the highlights displayed on the screen:

GROUP FILE# 0108-1969

SUBJECT: Lucas Barr

BORN: 1974

KNOWN ALIASES:-(i'll just include the relevent 3-names I instantly recognized!):

1-CHUCK HOLLAND

2-ROBERT MORESCO            

3-TEDDY MANN

....then peter prints the page and the names are then very clearly shown again.

...for those who don't know who these 3-are,or just are not into the all-important CREATIVE/TECHNICAL credits those 3-names are VERY forminible for S1/2 fans.

here's the rundown:

1)-As shown in  ep-"3ABC22": "CHUCK HOLLAND"...As shown in the ep-credits: "CHARLES D. HOLLAND": was a story editor in S1 and wrote the wondeful S1 episode "WIDE OPEN".

2)-As shown ep-3abc22 "and" ep credits:"ROBERT MORESCO":

... A producer/writer for S1/2,who penned one of the most outstanding MM eps in the entire run: "COVENANT"-(which was based on an actual case as shown on HBO's "AUTOPSY" series)-as well as co-writing the ep "BROKEN WORLD",among others in his tenure with MM.

...and now THE BEST FOR LAST MY FRIENDS-(personaly speaking of course):

3)-As shown in ep-"3abc22": "TEDDY MANN"...As shown in ep-credits: "TED MANN":Major Writer/Producer for SEASON-1,writing or co-writing some of the best of the best that made SEASON-1 so damn great:

1)-"THE JUDGE",writer

2)-"LOIN LIKE A HUNTING FLAME",writer

3)-"P.P.T.D.",co-writen by TED MANN/HAROLD ROSENTHAL

4)-"PAPER DOVE",co-writen by TED MANN/WALON GREEN

....ted mann was,and is a marvelous talent who,unfortunately,left the series over creative differences regarding the direction of SEASON-2.

....again,this nice little tribute-(put in there i bet by Chip Johannessen)-is about 3/4 into "GOODBYE TO ALL THAT" and is shown twice,once on a computer screen and then on the printed page.

~happy hunting!

se7en  :ouro:</font>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did not notice that particular reference at the time I saw the show on the air, and so not own season three yet (is it even out in the U.S. ? I'm always the last one to see these things, as I don't frequent the retail outlets much). Your point and example however, are woven into many episodes, sometimes so very subtle that one would not catch it until having viewed the episode a few times. That is true about many forms of media as well, as the intended audience is wide an varied.

As far as MM, I see hints and clues and references that reflect historical happenings or even biblical references not presented as book and verse quotes (that ARE often used). To me, that is what made (makes) MM so addictive, because there is so much information that can be gleaned from just one scene when it is "viewed" with a different frame of mind or interest. Although some of the episodes are difficult to watch repeatedly due to the intensity of the violence and malevolence portrayed, I still think that each one is like an onion, with many layers that we have yet to peel back.

Sixpence :ouro: