The X Files-"Resist Or Serve"

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

WoW! Great site Erin, I've just spent an hour reading about the new Battlestar Galactica 4 hour pilot! Woohoo! I loved that show...

Never saw anything about a new X-Files movie though!

Graham. :plain_big:

Good catch, Erin!

Thought I would make it easy for folks and just post Sci Fi's TXFs article here:

Scully, Mulder Resist Or Serve

Ben Borth, associate producer of Vivendi Universal Games' upcoming video game The X-Files: Resist or Serve, told SCI FI Wire that the third-person survival/horror title will feature both the likenesses and voices of The X-Files stars David Duchovny (Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Scully). The game also marks the first time that gamers will have the opportunity to play as the characters, Borth said in an interview at the Electronics Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles.

"The gameplay is quite different [from the TV series] in that Mulder is more action-oriented," Borth said. "He'll fight more of the bosses, [and] he sees a lot more of the paranormal stuff that's going on in the town." The game's Scully, by contrast, is more of a puzzle solver. "She can do autopsies," Borth said. "She can create antidotes and make toxins that they can use against the creatures and the ghouls that they find."

The X-Files: Resist or Serve fits into the season-seven continuity of the venerable Fox TV show, Borth said. "This [comes] right after the first two episodes of season seven," he said. He added that the TV show's composer, Mark Snow, provides the game's music.

The X-Files: Resist or Serve, developed by Black Ops and published by Sierra Entertainment, is slated for release in November for the Xbox and PlayStation 2 gaming systems.

Vivendi Universal Games is owned by Vivendi Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

I am not a game enthusiast, but it is always encouraging, in a way to see games marketed and merchandized, because I would think that generally means the popularity of the show is still strong... all the more chance for future TXFs movies!

Scott

• 2 months later...
Guest Justa Fan

Yes...this should be a great game.

Even the music should be great.

It's a shame it will only be ported for

PS2 and X-Box.  A PC version would

have been nice!

Lots of screen caps on the gaming sites

for those who are interested.

:thumbsup_big:

Hey Old Man, i loved battlestar Galactica, i hope that they re-edit it again. Now i will look at that web page and return to my teen years. Excuse me.