X Files 2 still coming.

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

I guess this movie is going to be set after Season 9. Which is weird, given that Mulder and Scully aren't in the FBI anymore. Either Carter and Spotnitz are going to ignore what happened in the finale or the two will be reinstated.

Assuming the movie gets greenlighted and the script is written... I hope Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish get to return as Doggett and Reyes. Unlike some, I loved their characters.

Guest gmcp

Don't get too excited. The legal issues apparently haven't been ironed out.

I don't know what to think about it being a non-mytharc story. I don't know how they plan about doing it, since the last episode kind of complicates things...

I was under the impression that a script had already been created... perhaps they started over or something like that.

Oh well.

If the movie is an isolated story, perhaps there could be several X-Files movies in the future....

Guest betweenthelines

And just as we receive a glimmer of hope, it gets taken away from us:

X-Files 2 coming....'Never'?

Posted by Clint Morris on May 23, 2006

Moviehole’s Daulton Dickey just shared a caviar sandwich with “X Files” veteran Frank Spotnitz, who pressured him – he wanted the last bite, you see – into giving us the grime of the next “X Files” movie.

Spotnitz says there’s some lawsuits going on, right now, and that he’s not sure “exactly what they are, but there’s some kind of legal issue between Chris Carter and Fox that are holding everything up. And I don’t know, honestly, when they’ll be resolved or if they’ll be resolved. It could be tomorrow or it could be never.”

Hmmm. Now that’s not the sanguine Spotnitz we’ve been reading “X Files 2 is coming” like comments from, over the last few days, is it?

He continues, “But I would hope they would resolve them because I think it’s a waste because I think it’s natural to do as a movie series, and I think they’re great characters and I think David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] are great in those roles. And I would like to do it”.

Suddenly, I feel less buoyant about the whole thing.

Thanks to ‘DD’

Damned 20th Century Fox... where's Avatar when you need it? Oh wait, the character's owned by Fox ;). Bah!

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
And just as we receive a glimmer of hope, it gets taken away from us:

Damned 20th Century Fox... where's Avatar when you need it? Oh wait, the character's owned by Fox ;). Bah!

Hmmm, DANG, it looks like it's gonna take a while I guess... Oh well, I suppose it's good that we know what's going on...

Hey, can we shoot the messenger BTL??? :angry:

Guest betweenthelines
Hey, can we shoot the messenger BTL???

Assuming you're talking about the writer of the article... hey, anything to get us another X/F movie. Now if you were talking about me, then the answer would be no.