Flukeman!

Rate this topic

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
hey i loved the Flukeman, and when i just discovered that there is a Flukeman doll put out by McFarlane i got giddy. Apparently its been out for a while...oh well. Heres the item i saw

https://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2429

Joe, I have GOT to hand it to you... if there is ANYTHING to be found, YOU will find it! Very impressive; I would have NEVER guessed that one existed. This was one of the very rare cases where I seriously rolled my eyes at an X-Files episode; it really wasn't one of my favorites. But, I think it would be neat to have the sculpture / doll. Great find! :yes:

• 1 month later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Joe, I have GOT to hand it to you... if there is ANYTHING to be found, YOU will find it! Very impressive; I would have NEVER guessed that one existed. This was one of the very rare cases where I seriously rolled my eyes at an X-Files episode; it really wasn't one of my favorites. But, I think it would be neat to have the sculpture / doll. Great find! :yes:

Yes, this is one of those episodes that was good for a few eye rolls, and while I agree that this was a great find, I really was not very impressed by the realism of "Flukeman" when the episode aired. What season was that anyway? Was it still season 1? Maybe they still didn't have a big enough budget to afford a convincing flukeman, or maybe it just wasn't as bad as I remembered. The episode wasn't necessarily that awful, but the flukeman itself kind of looked like what you would expect in a college drama class project.

As Scully once said, in "The Field Where I Died", when asked by Mulder if knowing they had known each other in another life would have changed how they looked at each other......

"Even if I knew for certain... I wouldn't change a day.

..........................................Except maybe for that flukeworm-man thing. I could have lived without that just fine."

(damn I love that episode!)