The Garden

Rate this topic

Guest gethsemane

I picked it up from blockbuster. Lance did a good job (as usual) playing the devil. There was one scene where he beats a horse that made me sick but it was still a pretty good movie to me. I think he's very attractive young or old looking but since his wife was a makeup artist he probably has an advantage when he goes out in public. I'm sure she knows how to cover the wrinkles and age spots. Thats just supposin' he has any. He just gets better with age!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I picked it up from blockbuster. Lance did a good job (as usual) playing the devil. There was one scene where he beats a horse that made me sick but it was still a pretty good movie to me. I think he's very attractive young or old looking but since his wife was a makeup artist he probably has an advantage when he goes out in public. I'm sure she knows how to cover the wrinkles and age spots. Thats just supposin' he has any. He just gets better with age!

I'm going to have to pick that one up, and I think someone mentioned another one he has coming out soon. I had no idea Lance's wife was a makeup artist. Very interesting. Don't get me wrong, I think he does get better with age and is one of the most attractive actors around, and this is from the point of view of a heterosexual male, but i think his wife would need spackle and a putty knife to cover Lance's wrinkles and age lines. I think these lines are part of what makes him attractive though and don't detract from his beauty. His face is like a piece of art work. Add that to the voice and charismatic demeanor, and it's no wonder that the ladies here are all ga ga over him :kisses: <---- Raven Wolf.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
beauty. His face is like a piece of art work. Add that to the voice and charismatic demeanor, and it's no wonder that the ladies here are all ga ga over him :kisses: <---- Raven Wolf.

By the way, just to clarify, that :kisses: represents Raven Wolf writing about Frank Black. I just didn't want anyone to think I was getting fresh. :oneeyedwinK

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
This is the film where Lance talked about enjoying himself playing the Devil right?

Sure sounds like it :yes: And both Claudia Christian and Sean Young... GEEZ, I haven't seen them FOREVER!!! :nope:

Well, I know what MY next click will be... NETFLIX!!!! Thanks JOE!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Sure sounds like it :yes: And both Claudia Christian and Sean Young... GEEZ, I haven't seen them FOREVER!!! :nope:

Well, I know what MY next click will be... NETFLIX!!!! Thanks JOE!!!

I was bored with the usual TV programing tonight so I took a trip to Blockbuster. I was wandering around, not getting too excited by anything, and suddenly I saw "The Garden", sitting on the shelf, glistening like the Holy Grail. Needless to say, I rented it. To give an honest report, it was very good, but not quite great. Maybe when I watch it again I'll have a different opinion, but it was kind of like "The Invitation". It was a very good couple of hours of entertainment, but not something I am likely to rent out every year or two. Still, I would give it a solid 7.5 or so, and based on the fact that I am so demanding of films, that might translate to an 8 or 9 in some peoples books. It certainly was good enough that I recommend it for any Lance fans out there. Like I said, I might watch it again tomorrow and say "Hey, this is better than I gave it credit for". Lance, of course, turns in another outstanding performance, and the rest of the cast is pretty good. Claudia Christian is very good as well. For some reason she reminds me of Yancy Butler, kind of like if Yancy had a big sister. Sean Young plays a character unlike any I have seen her play before, and Brian Wimmer is very good in what is probably the first role I have seen him in sense China Beach, way back in the late 80s.

I was bored with the usual TV programing tonight so I took a trip to Blockbuster. I was wandering around, not getting too excited by anything, and suddenly I saw "The Garden", sitting on the shelf, glistening like the Holy Grail. Needless to say, I rented it. To give an honest report, it was very good, but not quite great. Maybe when I watch it again I'll have a different opinion, but it was kind of like "The Invitation". It was a very good couple of hours of entertainment, but not something I am likely to rent out every year or two. Still, I would give it a solid 7.5 or so, and based on the fact that I am so demanding of films, that might translate to an 8 or 9 in some peoples books. It certainly was good enough that I recommend it for any Lance fans out there. Like I said, I might watch it again tomorrow and say "Hey, this is better than I gave it credit for". Lance, of course, turns in another outstanding performance, and the rest of the cast is pretty good. Claudia Christian is very good as well. For some reason she reminds me of Yancy Butler, kind of like if Yancy had a big sister. Sean Young plays a character unlike any I have seen her play before, and Brian Wimmer is very good in what is probably the first role I have seen him in sense China Beach, way back in the late 80s.

Thanks for the review MIB! I 'acquired' it a couple of weeks ago but I haven't watched it yet. I'm glad that it's a good one though!!! :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks for the review MIB! I 'acquired' it a couple of weeks ago but I haven't watched it yet. I'm glad that it's a good one though!!! :yes:

You are welcome. I will be waiting to hear what you think of it. While I personally enjoyed it, it is the kind of film that I would expect mixed reviews of. Not to take away from the efforts of all involved, and it was pretty good, but I guess I was hoping I would enjoy it more and have my socks blown off. It just had so much going for it, Lance, Sean Young, Claudia Christian, the apocalypse, Lance playing Satan, etc., but it wasn't quite something great. I think if I wasn't such a big fan of Lance and the other actors, I might not be quite as generous with my review. I looked it up, just out of curiosity, and it seems like the critics were not fans of the movie, but what do they know. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting great reviews.

You are welcome. I will be waiting to hear what you think of it. While I personally enjoyed it, it is the kind of film that I would expect mixed reviews of. Not to take away from the efforts of all involved, and it was pretty good, but I guess I was hoping I would enjoy it more and have my socks blown off. It just had so much going for it, Lance, Sean Young, Claudia Christian, the apocalypse, Lance playing Satan, etc., but it wasn't quite something great. I think if I wasn't such a big fan of Lance and the other actors, I might not be quite as generous with my review. I looked it up, just out of curiosity, and it seems like the critics were not fans of the movie, but what do they know. To be honest, I wasn't really expecting great reviews.

Well IMDB gives it a decent score (can you believe that Claudia Christian was voted one of the 100 sexiest women in the world in 2001??!!! How about that!) [i personally really fell for Sean Young in 'Bladerunner', ESPECIALLY done up in those 1940's Film Noir outfits and hairstyles!!! :w00t: ] The first comment said that it was 'highly symbolic' about Good and Evil, so that's a dang good start! :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well IMDB gives it a decent score (can you believe that Claudia Christian was voted one of the 100 sexiest women in the world in 2001??!!! How about that!) [i personally really fell for Sean Young in 'Bladerunner', ESPECIALLY done up in those 1940's Film Noir outfits and hairstyles!!! :w00t: ] The first comment said that it was 'highly symbolic' about Good and Evil, so that's a dang good start! :yes:

Yes, I seem to recall IMDB giving a 6.1 or something like that on a scale of 1 to 10, but I might be mistaken. That is actually not too bad for a film like "The Garden". It is going to click with some people and not with others. I might be in the mood to watch it again one of these days before I return it, so maybe I will have a slightly different rating after the second go around. One thing I am sure of is that Lance does a great job in it, and Claudia & Sean do as well. By the way, yes I can believe that Claudia was on the top 100 sexiest list. She really is beautiful. I remember seeing her way back when she was on NYPD Blue as a guest star. She did a great job, and it was an excellent episode. Actually, I think it was even before that when I saw her in a surprisingly entertaining comedy called "Hexed" with Arye Gross (also played Ed on MMs Skull and Bones). IMDB has some really stunningly beautiful pictures of Claudia Christian that will make you salivate like Joe eyeing a New York strip steak.

Yes, I seem to recall IMDB giving a 6.1 or something like that on a scale of 1 to 10, but I might be mistaken. That is actually not too bad for a film like "The Garden". It is going to click with some people and not with others. I might be in the mood to watch it again one of these days before I return it, so maybe I will have a slightly different rating after the second go around. One thing I am sure of is that Lance does a great job in it, and Claudia & Sean do as well. By the way, yes I can believe that Claudia was on the top 100 sexiest list. She really is beautiful. I remember seeing her way back when she was on NYPD Blue as a guest star. She did a great job, and it was an excellent episode. Actually, I think it was even before that when I saw her in a surprisingly entertaining comedy called "Hexed" with Arye Gross (also played Ed on MMs Skull and Bones). IMDB has some really stunningly beautiful pictures of Claudia Christian that will make you salivate like Joe eyeing a New York strip steak.

I think ol' Joe likely salivates at other things..., ones best we don't know about... :yes:

However, I'll try to watch 'The Garden' here soon and I'll tell you what I think.